Last minute trip - MK or Epcot help!

My wife (58) and I (62) will have a chance to visit Orlando next week. We have never been to WDW and would like to visit. We will have all day Tuesday and Wednesday and have not had a chance to do any advance planning. Should we just do both days at MK or one day there and one at Epcot? Any opinions or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would do one day MK and one day Epcot.

I would spend some time here Magic Kingdom Touring Plans

Do you fall into the category of 1) want to do as much as possible, or 2) want to hit the highlights?

Thanks! Probably “want” to do as much as possible, but we will be satisfied with truly hitting the highlights. Not interested in running/hurrying at the expense of enjoying the parks in general.

Agree, 1 day at MK and 1 day at Epcot. The Flower & Garden Festival just started, so no need to even have dining reservations if you don’t want. Tons of good food, and the park is so beautiful with all the flowers. Buy your tickets online today (get a 2 day non hopper), and then you will be able to make 3 fast passes per day at each of the parks. We can help you come up with a great plan if you want.

3 Likes

THIS!! ^^ what @Wahoohokie said definitely get your tickets ASAP

Are you both the roller coaster type or will you be skipped them?
Or really into princesses and/or other characters?
Do you like to sit down at a nice meal, or are you ok eating standard park food at a counter service/eater style location?

Okay, I am trying to buy the tickets. On the touringplans site is says …

$387.98 for 2-Day Adult Ticket ($193.99 each) at undercovertourist. But when I click on that the only thing I can find is “2-Day Magic Your Way” for $216.76. Any idea how I find the $22.77 savings that touringplans claims?

Also, I am working on a touring plan, but I need to buy the tickets first so I can make the fastpass reservations.

We will definitely do some of the roller coaster rides. Lunch will be on the go, but we might do a sit down dinner, assuming it fits within the plan.

Thanks!

Undercover Tourist (and Disney) just increased their prices a few weeks ago. It looks like Touring Plans has not updated their info. I see $217.76 each. On WDW website they are $211.94 each including tax. Buy them from Disney and they will automatically link to your MDE account (assuming you have one).

I do not have a MDE account. I can certainly create one. Should I use that instead of or along with my touringplans account?

The MDE account is necessary, that is where you will book your fastpasses for WDW. Make the account in your name, add your spouse too (you make each person a profile). Then buy the tix from there, and link one to each of you. Then you will be able to make the fastpasses.

Are your Disney days March 7 and March 8?

Yes.

Are you staying on Disney property?

No, in the Celebration/Kissimmee area.

Both parks have 9am-9pm hours on both days.
Are you both early birds? Any issue getting to the park each day at 7:45-8:00am to park and make it thru security?

Should not have any problem leaving hotel at 7:30 each day. I don’t know if we should take a shuttle or drive.

Non-Disney shuttles do not run very frequently. I would drive, or take a taxi.

This link will show you the expected crowd levels for the 2 days you will be there.

If it were me, I would go to Epcot on Tuesday and Magic Kingdom on Wednesday. But, the crowds should be so similar that it wouldn’t much matter… If you want to select Fast Passes in Advance, you’ll need to, obviously, decide which park to do which day.

While Magic Kingdom offers FastPass+ for more than 2 dozen attractions, our free touring plan software only identifies 10 as frequently needing FastPass+:

Peter Pan’s Flight
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Splash Mountain
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
Space Mountain
The Haunted Mansion
Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin

Epcot offers FastPass+ for 12 different experiences, and it was a little surprising to see that FastPass+ was useful in at at least some circumstances in 10 of those 12 of the attractions. Read on for a detailed explanation of why these attractions show up most frequently in our Epcot touring plans.
The first thing to note about Epcot is that its FastPass+ attractions, like the FastPass+ attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, are grouped (or “tiered”), and Disney limits how many FastPass+ reservations you can make for each group. Here’s the tiering:
Group A (Choose 1 attraction)
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
Frozen Ever After
Soarin’
Test Track
Group B (Choose 2 attractions)
Disney/Pixar Short Film Festival
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Epcot Character Spot
Living with the Land
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Spaceship Earth
Turtle Talk with Crush
Mission: SPACE Green
Mission: SPACE Orange

My personal favorites from the lists above in no particular order:

Magic Kingdom
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Splash Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
Space Mountain

Epcot (this is hard to choose!)
Soarin
Living with the Land
Journey into Imagination with Figment

Do not waste a fast pass on Illuminations. There are plenty of places to watch this show in World Showcase.

Ticket delivery direct with Disney says “Your confirmation email will have a barcode. Simply show your email when you enter the park, along with the original card used during this purchase.” Does that mean my email/barcode is my ticket. Or do I still have to spend time at the ticket office?