Last minute summer trip

We are still thinking about summer plans and we are considering a trip to WDW. We will not know if we can go until May for an early June trip. Is it worth considering? Will be be able to get a room and FPs at that point?

I am thinking about making hotel reservations and cancelling if we can’t go and if we can, then adding on the tickets so that we can make FPs reservations.

Does that sound like a reasonable plan?

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan. :slight_smile: (Just remember that you have to cancel hotel more than 5 days before you arrive to get a full refund on your deposit.)

If you know when you would go, I would start making ADRs if those are important to you. All you need is the MDE profile and some dates :slight_smile: ohhh… and the pesky credit card too! Have fun planning!!

Thanks. We are not going to use ADR for the trip. I am mostly concerned about FPs.

As someone who goes to DLR all the time, the FP+ program is confusing to me. I understand making reservations in advance, but what about when we get to the park? Are there any left for the popular rides?

You can’t depend on fast passes being available for the most popular rides on the day-of.

I would make a touring plan with everything that you would like to do and expect to be in stand-by for at least some attractions.

We are in a similar situation. We booked a quick trip for the end of June and we are staying offsite this time. I started making TPs for each park and am just keeping it to the “essentials” for us. It’ll be so much hotter than what we’re used to so I want to keep the pace very relaxed.

If it’s between going and not going, I’d go. Plan to rope drop to hit the things on your must do list. Sure you’ll stand in some line, but heck… wouldn’t you have had to anyway?