Last Minute Checklist

It’s the final countdown! What are those last little things you do to prepare for your trip? Or to make sure you’re really ready? I feel like I’m forgetting something!

3 Likes

mostly just use a Check List app on my phone and be sure everything is checked off. Everything goes on there, even dumb stuff like “get tip money” and “power down house.”

2 Likes

Those are the stupid things I want to hear! I feel like I haven’t traveled in ages…

1 Like

Printed menus were nice to have for us, although I’m hoping most restaurants have them again.

I think they’ve gone the way of the dodo. Far easier (and cheaper) to just have everyone pull up the QR Code. Could make a come back for the higher end restaurants though

But along that vein: item on the checklist: print your spreadsheet/initial TP. (which I will then proceed to completely ignore all the time and effort I spent on it)

3 Likes

I start gathering stuff about a week before into a central location as things come to my mind. I’ll remember things at random times and I found getting my brain “working” on it ahead of time is usually enough. When I realize I’ve forgotten something, the trip hasn’t started yet and I can pack it. The only things I make sure I have are my phone and wallet. Most everything else I can have shipped via amazon or live without.

2 Likes

Some people don’t like using their phone to look at a restaurant menu, especially table service. Many people have complained about not having it.

I will second printing the spreadsheet/touring plan.

2 Likes

Already on it! You know you’re a Liner if you’re already planning to laminate…

1 Like

We got a paper menu at Tiffins and at Tony’s Town Square.

Coral Reef, Rose & Crown and Ale & Compass had the QR code. I looked at allears menus while one of the kids with us looked on line somewhere else.

Since I’m here in June and July, I brought my check register. Not everything is auto pay.

We did bring glow sticks tho we didn’t use them.

I brought a pocket size bottle of electrolyte drops for water bottles filled at fountains. It’s been so hot, I’ve actually put a few drops in any liquid I’m drinking.

1 Like

Also easier to change menu prices on the fly. We could see price changes over the course of an evening. Everyone wants the steak tonight? Raise the price!

1 Like