Last-Minute Changes...MDE Advice Needed!

Hi All!

It’s been a while since I was active on this site and I’ve been trying to get all caught up on the recent changes in preparation for my next trip (10 days and counting! :tada:)

This trip was originally going to be just me and my teenage brother. I won’t bore you with all the details, but the short story is that it’s looking like my two adult sisters are going to be able to join us for the first two days of our trip, as an add-on to a separate (non-Disney) trip that the two of them are taking together next week. Needless to say, there is much frantic googling, canceling, rebooking, long phone holds with airlines, etc. happening right now! :sweat_smile:

My brother and I are booked at ASMu, we have our park hoppers and park reservations booked in MDE, and the only thing left is to add on Genie+ before the 6/7 deadline, which I was planning to do this weekend. So that’s all set.

There is availability right now for my sisters to stay at ASSports on the dates in question, as well as park availability at the exact parks that my brother and I have reserved for those two days (miraculously!!) so they are probably going to book both resort and tickets/APRs today before one or both of those sell out.

My question is this: If I want to be able to make Genie+ reservations for all four of us together, how should we handle who books the resort reservations and park tickets? Is it simpler for me to book everything using my own MDE and just handle it all from one account? Can they book the resort themselves and let me handle the tickets, or would that cause issues?

I’ve never done a last-minute add-on like this before, so I want to do it in the simplest way possible. (It’s also kind of amazing that the details are working out the way they are and I don’t want to mess it up by booking things in a stupid way! :rofl:)

Advice is appreciated! Prompt advice is GREATLY appreciated, since we’re probably a few hours (max) away from making all of these reservations!

Thanks in advance!

If I’m understanding your question correctly, the simplest thing to have them do is to book their hotel and park reservations themselves, and then connect with you as family/friends in MDE and “allow to make plans for me”. Then the most adept person - probably you - should be in charge of doing the G+ thing.

Did I understand what you were asking properly?

With the caveat that if you’ll do both a top tier LL and a paid ILL on each of the days, those duties may be divided up for best chance at getting the desired selections.

1 Like

Yes, that is helpful! Thanks. :smiling_face:

As a quick follow-up question: I do already have them both listed in my Family & Friends list (it says “Plans Managed by Me” under both of their names) because we’ve taken a family trip together in the past and I’ve just done everything myself from my account. Should I remove their names from my list first, then have one of them create their own account and book everything, and THEN connect with me and allow me to make plans?

(Confession: For some reason, I have the same mental reaction to threads about linking/sharing/connecting on MDE as I have when I’m trying to decipher instructions on tax forms… my brain goes all dull and I forget how to read words which generates a vague sense of panic and impending doom… so I absolutely want to do this in the easiest possible way! :rofl:)

3 Likes

Yes. That’s the easiest way. Add the friend/family through MDE using their resort reservation and last name. When I do this I have each person pick a different avatar, that way when the accounts are connected it’s easy to see if a ghost account was created. I’ll be able to say “you’re Tiana and John is BB8, right?” and if yes, then you’re good to go.

2 Likes

Me too actually. Me too

That’s why we have good people like @dianelynn

2 Likes

:joy: I totally didn’t read this post, or glossed over it. I’m your tax forms and MDE girl!

2 Likes

Thank you both so much! :smiling_face:

I’m glad I’m not the only one whose brain turns to goo when it comes to MDE jiggery-pokery …and I’m SUPER glad that this isn’t the case for everyone, or we’d ALL be doomed!!

1 Like