LaHacienda for illuminations -- just apps, drinks, dessert?

DS informed me that he’s looking forward to illuminations (we weren’t really planning on it and I hate crowds.). We’ve done R&C during a Illuminations, which was awesome, so I just booked LaHa. Would it be bad to just order apps, drinks, dessert?

No way. Order as much or as little as you want. If you’ll be tying up the table for an extended time maybe just tip a little extra.

1 Like

It is a 7pm ADR, so if we wait for a table with a view, I’m thinking we’ll have little time to wait. I’m an app and dessert person, DH might want an entree, DD won’t eat anything (LOL) and DS will have kids cheese quesadilla. We will happily order a few drinks though. We always tip well, but will add some extra if we keep this ADR.

2 Likes

I could also get an 8pm for Tokyo Dining or do Spice Road (anyone tried that recently with summer crowds?)

1 Like

Just switched it to 7:45! I think that’ll be better.

1 Like

Spice Road has been getting some love recently but I’d check the menu and make sure that your family will eat the style of food they offer. It’s also been reported it rarely has many people. Otherwise Your 7:45 should work out great.

1 Like

Thank you. Our kids might not be excited for Spice Road, but would eat a little. DH listens to a podcast and on it he heard that most of the tables don’t have views…in any event, for now I’m keeping the 7:45 and hoping DS would rather skip it this trip. :wink:

1 Like

That is exactly what we did! our res was at 7:45 and they put us at a great table it was wonderful enjoy!

1 Like

if we have an 8pm ressie here too in hopes to eat and view illuminations, should we arrive 7:30, 7:45 to requestand wait for a table with a view or should I try for an earlier ressie?

We had a 7:30 ressie last Sunday. Got there at7:20 and waited 10 minutes for a window seat. It was a top
highlight of entire trip! Great view, great food. Wait staff were very accommodating about hanging out for the show when we were done 1/2 hour before the show.

1 Like

Thanks for the info on this. Have a 7:15 ADR our first night and will request a window seat.