La Hacinda de San Angel- Opinions please

I am trying to find some new places to eat now that the kids are older and more willing to try new things. We are getting bored with our same old places (and some are not going to be open in August). Has anyone eaten here in the past year or so? What did you think?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE La Hac!

We’ve been three times now and my only regret is that we didn’t go sooner. Delicious food, beautiful restaurant, especially if you can get a window seat, and everyone leaves full and happy.

3 Likes

Thank you! In all the years we’ve been going to WDW, I did not realize that there were 2 TS restaurants in Mexico! I thought they only had the one near the water ride (which I read some bad reviews on). This one looks pretty nice from the photos and not bad reviews on Trip Advisor.

This is 100% true. San Angel Inn is not run / operated by Disney and is no better than the typical Mexican food you’d probably get at home. (which isn’t “bad”, but I don’t want to pay Disney prices for it.)

La Hacinda is amazing though! Enjoy!

This might help you decide as well…

2 Likes

We went in February this year and loved it. I had the avacado margarita and the braised short ribs with a potato puree… yummy!!

1 Like

I really enjoyed the one with the volcano pyramid thing in it. I’m not sure which one it is, but we enjoyed it.

1 Like

We ate there 2 years ago.and loved it.

1 Like

That’s the other one across the street. San Angel Inn.

1 Like

Wife and I did San Angel Inn (NOT La Hacienda) for our honeymoon (back in 1995). The food was decent, to my untrained palette, and someone who would likely put Mexican food as his favor “ethnic” food. But truth is, what I loved most was just the ambiance of San Angel Inn. (I, to this day, feel it was silly for Disney to have two separate restaurants in Mexico that both have “San Angel” in the name! Talk about confusing.)

Anyhow, I’m not sure how different the food was then compared to now, so I can’t speak to that. But I do know that we plan to try La Hacienda instead of San Angel Inn for our December trip, based on the reviews.

2 Likes

@poohfanclub - Coincidentally Touring Plans YouTube channel released their video tour of the Mexico area today!

3 Likes

Agree!!! The ambiance is just amazing in there.

1 Like

Aah, the restaurant that DH actually wanted to eat at is San Angel Inn. He liked the ambience. I’ll have to tell him Hacienda has better food.

Thanks for posting Brian’s latest video, very timely!

2 Likes

La Hacienda is very good and a nice view of the light show if you get good seats at/near window. I have admit, the nostalgia for me in eating at San Angel Inn still trumps it though. I just like the ambiance of the low lighting, the volcano and the three cabelleros ride going on in the water. Just seems relaxing and cool on a hot day. Food is kind of a push in my opinion. Similar menus.

3 Likes

I thought it was OK. Avocado margarita is amazing. The rest of the food was good, but not exceptional. I specifically asked to have a seat to somewhat view fireworks and was willing to wait for a decent seat (it was not a very crowded time) we were seated in a dark corner with no view and at the very end of our meal, when we wanted to see some of the show (very respectfully) we were told to sit in our dark corner. I was highly disappointed for the $$. :confused: I’ll never spend that $$ again.

1 Like

If we could have just received the check in a timely manner and left, we would have at least caught the show outside. We missed it all. Highly disappointing for Ok-ish food (we have good Mexican food at home). My kids are adventurous eaters, so we really enjoy the restaurants & festivals around Epcot WS. That was a 1st and last for me. (Also, there were tables with really poorly behaved kids who had excellent views. My kids are normally well behaved and so we were respectful.)

2 Likes