Kilimanjaro Safaris Closing at Night Question

I know that Kilimanjaro Safaris will be closing each night earlier than it used to. Disney site says 6:15. TP says 6:45. My TP has me arriving at 6:42. Do you think this is right? If we get there right before closing of the ride, will we be able to ride it? We wanted to watch after sunset (which is at 6:49 on 12/24): but that isn’t going to happen. At sunset would be better, but if the time on Disney’s site is 6:15, well, that’s not going to work at all, is it?

Any ideas? I may have to scrap that part of the plan.

What date? The official announcement seems to say that it will be going to a 6:30 closure:

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/animal-kingdom/news/15oct2018-operating-hours-of-various-animal-kingdom-attractions-to-be-reduced.htm

Every blog I read has this same announcement. The wording seems to imply date specific time until it converts to 6:30?

December 24, 2018

Every blog of the announce says after November it will be 6:30.

That’s weird that Disney is listing it as 6:15 that day. So, how late do they take people in line? Like, if we were in line by 6:15 or 6:30, would they still take us?

I would depend on that. It may be a even bigger cutback than originally announced?

Sorry, hit reply by mistake. Just finished editing my question.

If Disney is saying 6:15 then they most likely are closing the line at that time. Of course, if they adjust hours that may change too.

1 Like