Kidani Village Room Request Help

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster here :wave:t2:. I’m staying at AKL Kidani Village at the end of April, and going with my DSis and DBiL. We have 2 rooms booked on separate reservations, both of which are deluxe studios-savanna view. Looking at the room finder on TP, it doesn’t appear there are any deluxe studios connecting to each other in Kidani Village. We’d really like to be as close to each other as possible, which still have well-situated rooms. Any advice/suggestions for how to word my room request through TP’s tool? Thanks!!

2 Likes

It was mentioned here recently to find out your “traveling with” #? Maybe @OBNurseNH can tell you exactly what it was. I didn’t study enough in Liner school apparently

1 Like

Yes. Call guest services (assuming you are the lead guest), preferably on a three way call with the lead guest of the other reservation. Have your reservation numbers available. Ask for a “travel with” number that will tell Disney you are together even though your ressies are separate.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you guys! DSis called them right after we made the reservations to tell them we wanted rooms close to each other but that was a couple months ago so would like to have a way to remind. She didn’t get a traveling with number either so that’s good to know. Liners have all the answers!

2 Likes

When you set up your TP room request note the other res# in the comments and the travel with # too

2 Likes

:+1: Any suggestions on the best rooms to request at Kidani? Our highest priority is good views of the animals since we’re splurging on the savanna view and will likely intentionally spend extra time in the rooms to enjoy it. But also don’t want a 5 mile walk from the room to the buses/lobby etc. if possible. We’ll sacrifice walking for good views though if made to choose lol

I’ve not stayed there yet. But I think @Julianne_fki has some rooms or areas that she likes!

The first time we stayed at Kidani, we were on the Pembe savanna. It was a hike from the lobby but not the furthest. But there are no giraffes or large animals on Pembe. We came to love it but it’s not the iconic AKL savanna view. We were in room 7843.

The other time we stayed there, I requested a room on the same level as the lobby (lower floor = closer to animals) and as close to the lobby as possible. Great views of the sunset (?) savanna, no waiting for elevators, and a short walk at the end of the night. I’m not one who is bothered by people noise, but I didn’t think it was in a noisy area. others might want to be tucked out of the way more. I think we were in room 7616.

Just for anyone who didn’t realise, the only DVC resort that has connecting studios is the Poly. Other resorts have a lot of studios connecting to a 1-bed to create a 2-bed lock-off if needed.

I don’t know if any of the resorts have two studios next to each other.

2 Likes

Good to know! Looking at the resort room map on TP, the South trail doesn’t really have any savanna view studios all that close to each other, at least 2 rooms between each and only on one side of the hall. On the North trail (which is where both of @Julianne_fki ‘s mentioned rooms are) there’s one set of adjoining studios on each floor. They’re rooms 28&30 on each floor, so in between @Julianne_fki ‘s 2 rooms. I wonder if it’d be a good idea to request these 2 rooms? I worry about pigeon-holing my request too much though since we want to be on a lower floor so it’s basically 2nd or 3rd floor or bust and literally only one option per floor. There are also several studios across the hall from each other on each floor, with one room having a Pembe savanna view and the other a Sunset savanna view. One of these includes the first room @Julianne_fki mentioned. The rest are even further away from the lobby. Which is better, risk rooms all the way at the far end of the resort but with a potential for 2 different savanna views, or try to get the only adjoining rooms available?

I think you could ask for studios adjacent to each other, across the hall, or as close to each other as possible and then give examples of the sets of rooms. If you’re already flagged as “traveling with” the other party, it might work.

1 Like