Keys to the Kingdom Tour reservations

How far in advance do you need to book Keys to the Kingdom? I want to make sure we have a plenty of times in the parks first. Is it possible to get reservations the week you are there?

It is possible, but it does become dicey the closer you get. If you can, I would book it 2-3 weeks out.

I would also recommend you put it midway in your trip. Allow you to take in the things on your own, go through the tour to see indepth stuff, and then go through the parks again with a whole new appreciate for everything.

3 Likes

I would be booking it at 180 days, as I would for any tour. Unless you’re OK with not being able to do it.

That said, back in 2012, I booked one a week ahead at the Concierge desk at the Contemporary. But two years ago, I couldn’t book it at all 4 months out, for a stay of 17 days.

It also depends if you’re solo or with a group. I’ve booked solo tours same day. It’s easier to fit one more in a group tour. :slight_smile:

I have never had a problem booking 30 days in advance but that has always been during slower seasons. Unless you are concerned about having your money tied-up, follow @Nicky_S advice and book at 180 days. You will receive a full refund if you cancel 48 hours in advance.

NOTE: Unlike the Backstage Magic Tour, Keys to the Kingdom requires that you arrange separately for a valid park admission.

Enjoy … it’s an excellent tour!

Thanks! I’m going to book it tomorrow. It is in May, but to be on the safe side I’ll go ahead and get it done. We will actually add a day so we might have to stay off site that last night, but that will be OK. We are going to go on Mother’s Day so that might be a busier day to book tours.

We’re staying at POP and the first ones were kind of hard to get because they have cheerleading competitions that week. I’m going to try. It will just be the last night anyway so it won’t be a huge deal if we can’t get it. I made my reservations for 9:30 so we would have a plenty of time to pack up the room. It would be nice to have a place to take a break after the tour and enjoy one more evening in the park, so we’l see.