Kermit the frog reporting about Irma

AKL also letting in pets

1 Like

Glad you made it. Stay safe

2 Likes

Thank you

And thank you, so far storm has not been impressive yet??? Iā€™m at the top, 12 floor back side, ( Iā€™m not worried about flooding, or flying debris, I requested the top) have a great view of TOT. Earlier it looked eerily awesome in the foul weather. Things are good here, full belly, little beer buzz.

3 Likes

Hi ho Kermit the Frog here with a quick weather update.

It is still rainy here as to be expected and the winds have picked up anf some gusts have certainly blown through.

Everyone seems to be in their rooms and bunked down for the night.

This frog will be going to bed. We will report more tomorrow. so for bow this is Kermit the Frog saying stay safe and goodnight.

3 Likes

Thinking about you this morning and hoping you and Kermit fared well throughout the night. Check in when you get a moment!

2 Likes

Yawn. Well the weather has been good for sleep. I have not gotten out. But my husband has. He said there is debris everywhere. Most of the mulch from the garden beds have run out. Leaves and branches everywhere.

The food court remains closed. Although a lot of guests want their morning coffee.

I will report more later.

3 Likes

Everything was good last night, I donā€™t see any damage near by. We are going to take a much needed walk around the lake. Show gf the other beautiful resorts, epcot area. Will report back.

3 Likes

Well we took that walk, (security chasing people back to hotels, Orlando city on lock down till 6 p.m. but no-one cared) lots of minor tree damage, minor debris everywhere. Swan and Dolphin in good shape, outdoor pools are now ponds, bottoms cover with leaves and debris, ducks have taken them over. Lol
Yacht club lost a few treeā€™s at the waters edge, possible damage to sunken pirate ship/water slide at beach club. Boardwalk seemed ok. Mini golf course, lots of minor debris. It will take a few days just too get the messes cleaned up, lots of palm tree damaged, as the broken branches dry out they will be coming down for a month.

1 Like

I also have to agree with Kermit about the dogs, every 5th guest has 4 legs. Many of Floridaā€™s refugees are checking out now.

1 Like

Hi Ho Kermit the Frog here with another news installment.

The weather has returned to normal for Florida. We have walked around the main grounds for All Stars Music, and are here to report.

Overall no major damage has occurred that has been seen. There is still a lot of debris that will take time to clean up, but that is to be expected. We saw one downed tree that has been moved to the side of a pathway so guests can move about safely.

The food court resumed operation at noon, and the man pool is open, and packed.

The secondary pool remains closed, and needs to be cleared of debris. The arcade is still packed, the food court seems to be operating at a normal capacity, maybe a little more full as all guests are held at the resort. Characters can still be seen in the lobby area, Pluto and Goofy were spotted as we walked through.

Dogs continue to be a big encounter here at the resort, I am guessing most will clear out by tomorrow.

Park hours have been posted, we have a picture for youā€¦

At this time we are still being held by a curfew by the local county.

That is all from your frog on the ground. This is Kermit the Frog reminding all of you to be grateful to all the cast members who have worked hard to ensure your safety and good times. Be patient with the clean up process.

6 Likes

Helpful tip to any new tourists coming in, AVOID SITTING IN THE GRASS, FOR A WEEK!!! Donā€™t say I didnā€™t warn you!

1 Like

Have to askā€¦why?

Dog poop, my friend. :poop:

Hahahahahahahaā€“Didnā€™t even occur to me! Thanks!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the warning! We are scheduled to be there in the morning.

2 Likes