Keeping track of my TPPlans for a day and selecting a days TPPlan using the TP 'WDW Lines' phone APP

Now that I have a ‘near perfect’ TPPlan for the day of my vist to Epcot, I want to see it in the ‘WDW Lines’ phone APP…

Unfortunately, I have 10 TPPlans for the day of my visit to Epcot…

I have 4 of those that I have put a -noDel suffix on the name… These are plans that I want permanently saved since I refer to them in a Forum topic and if I delete them, nobody that follows in the future can see what all the fuss was about in that topic :wink:

I also need at least one with a -PLAY suffix that I use to play with…

I envision even more permanent ones to exist for that day before I take my trip…

I can’t figure out how to scroll the 3 lines of the APPs ‘My Touring Plans’ listing window so that I can select the actual plan that I want to use for the day…

Does anyone understand my problem and what is the best solution :question:

And hopefully after all the above explanation, you won’t say just pair your list down to three :wink:

Plans->Personalized Plans

“Plans” and then “Personalized Plans” should do it!

UCCCCK, I just found out that I should forget that obvious place to select my plan for the day…

AND then I need to use the > arrow on the day in the ‘My Trips’ list…

You can also “select this plan” at the top of one and that will then be the one shown on the front screen. The list of 3 is in date order so if you were to change some dates (or maybe just times?) that would give you a different selection.

I am seeing it now but as a first impression, the APP could be easier to use…

LOL, I got stumped at what looked obvious on the Home Page… and I am an objective-C programmer…:blush::sob:

The TP programmers need to follow my machinations in the forums :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

I think I will just carry on here for a while concerning the phone APP…

I promise, I am going to try to stay calm for a while longer…

So, I ‘select’ my perfect plan for the day and begin investigating how I might use the APP during my visit…

So far I don’t see that I can use it at all :sob:

Here is what I see:

Where are my ‘Arrival’, ‘Free’ and ‘Walk’ times for each step?

AND in the APP, Step #4 SE does not even use my FPP…

As you can see here in the PC browser interface, the Step #4 SE FPP is used:

Any ideas before I start really crying :question:

EDIT: Even the Notes for Step #2 are incomplete on the phone APP :sob::sob::sob::sob:

AND, the name of Step #3 is not shown on the phone APP :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

THEN I decided to ‘Edit’ Step #3, just to peek at what I could do…

I couldn’t change the incorrect name there, so I just pressed ‘Done’:

And look what happened:

STEP #3 DISAPPEARED… :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Then I went to browser interface and saw that Step #3 is still there after a Refresh… :cold_sweat:

What do people use the APP for, it seems to be a joke to me…

I would be ashamed to place it on the APP store !!!

OK I have calmed down a little, but before I leave, can someone tell me what good the APP is for the day of my visit :question:

I have to believe somewhere, there is something that can be benefited from it…

I have solved all the above issues…

I TOOK THE APP OFF MY PHONE…

I am using the browser interface in Safari on my iPhone…

Ok, so…

Selecting the plan in the app brings it up for “live” use while you are in the park. At that point it’s a “to do” list; the idea is you do the first item, hit “Done” and it removes it from the list - which it has in your case.

That screen is strictly for use if you are in the park - trying to use it ahead of time will not help you very much! It doesn’t give complex info because that will not reflect reality on the day, just a list of current wait times and expected ride times to direct you to what you want to do next. The text, however, should match up - is it definitely, 100% the same plan and not another iteration?

I do agree, some functions just don’t work as well in the app as in a browser - some, however, are more convenient. Depends how you want to use it. For pre-planning, I did stick to my browser though as that is definitely easier to use for that purpose. Sorry you have had so much trouble!

Thanks for responding…

I won’t spend much more time here as I plan to use the browser interface even in the Park…

I think I have shown that it does NOT show the same information…

When I am in the park I want to see the ALL the same info as on my browser AND I expect the estimated times to show the same as they were when I last looked at the browser and the ones that can be updated while I am there, could be updated, but not REMOVED from view…

Please tell me which ones :question:

I am sorry but I even went back and made a duplicate copy of the Plan and then opened the copy up again in ‘WDW Lines’ APP in order to show that exact screenshot of when I pressed ‘Done’, after I decided to get out of ‘Edit’ mode, without making changes to the record…

When I exit an ‘Edit’ mode, by pressing a ‘Done’ icon, there should be a 100% expectation that I will be taken out of ‘Edit’ mode and back to where I started (with changes, if any, applied), NOT that the whole entry be moved to the END of the list, so that it appears to have disappeared…

I stand by my shoddy programming statements…

I do not want to learn a QUIRKY APP, I have no more room in my brain to remember the quirks for very long :wink:

They aren’t really meant to be the same thing. One is for doing the planning, the other is for following the plan in the park. So, the information displayed is meant to get you through your plan. Some information is left off because it becomes a bit irrelevant.

Having said that, I know the UX design for the app has much to be desired. Several months back, len mentioned hiring a UX designer to make recommendations of what should be changed/improved. I imagine they are gradually working through those things, one at a time, very gradually.

I don’t know how to get through the plan without seeing my expected arrival times… ALL my notes content is important, even the names I have given to my Breaks…

How is knowing arrival time an ‘irrelevant’ item, when I NEED to know when I should arrive at a pavilion in order to stay on track with my laboriously created plan :question:

My schedule has 23 steps throughout the day where I can have a look at my watch and check that I am on track in order to make sure that I see all the later ACTs and events which are on the plan AND I CAN NOT SEE THOSE ARRIVAL TIMES with the APP (are they buried or just not there?) …

Weird. I just checked one of my plans in the app, and I see arrival times.

I wish I had that … then, I might have been able to accept some quirks :wink:

I’m guessing you are on iOS? They must be different.

I am on latest iOS, whatever it is and as a programmer, I highly doubt this is an iOS version issue…

No…but the applications are different for each OS. I’m guessing an app update is due for iOS. Last update of the Android version was in August.

I’m actually a little surprised they aren’t just doing what a lot of apps do, and use HTML 5 to define the interface so that they can modify both at the same time to have the same look and feel.

Yep, I’ve done some android programming and it is a pain to maintain parallel apps…
With the popularity of iOS, hard to believe they just forgot to code those missing items…
Regardless, there is no hope of this being fixed by next week so Safari browser it is…

I’m on Android, OH is on iOS and I have an iPad back home I can check on. Will see what experience differences I can see. I know one on the MDE app - on Android you can refresh the FPP list by clicking the same time again, on iOS you have to select a different time to make it refresh. Little things!

Android Pie (s10e)

iPadOS 13.2.2 (6th gen iPad)

iOS 13.2.2 (iPhone X)

1 Like