Kawaii to Hawaii: Universal Japan, ABD Japan, Tokyo Disneyland, Club Med Hokkaido, & Aulani - A Trip Report

I need to go read through your report! I can barely keep up with the heathen thread these days though :rofl:

4 Likes

I gave up. I tend to give up with any of 'em that go that fast and that long…hmmmm maybe that comments belongs over there :wink:

3 Likes

I’m just reading this now because while you were on this trip, I was in Italy & the Amalfi coast. It was very very hot. We’d go out in the morning and immediately be sweating. I’d start with my hair down and my neck would be soaked with sweat. Spring would be better temps for sure! I planned our trip myself but did get guides for certain places.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna aim for spring break or Memorial Day weekend when she gets out of school if her dad won’t let her go spring break (he gets all of them). I went in March as a teen and it was awesome weather. It’s makes such a difference and when you’re spending big bucks and time off work I think it should be temperate! ;-). Lesson learned.

4 Likes

@gingerSnaps543222, I tried looking this up but threw up my hands! :weary: :tired_face:

Are there perks for staying in a Disney hotel in Tokyo? If so, what are the perks?

1 Like

Happy Entry for the 15 min early. Guaranteed park tickets/entry so you don’t have to pre buy. And for MiraCosta a private entrance into DisneySea.

2 Likes

:flushed: What can you do with just 15 minutes? Ahead of the mass?

Yes and even then we were so far back in the happy entry line that by the time we got in they were letting in day guests and even with the mad rush to Soarin it was 60 min when we got there so not super worth it personally unless you’re gonna get to the gates so early you’re at the front of that line.

You cannot use the hotel entrance for happy entry. It doesn’t open till later. I don’t even think it was open for regular park entry. The only benefit of it for us was we took a midday break and came back for dinner and then it was convenient

2 Likes

I think you also can book dining earlier as a hotel guest.

Yup yup. 2 months early for parks and 3 for hotel restaurants

2 Likes

It’s good to know about the hotel entrance- that was the one piece that sounded interesting as I thought it would skip the queue at the gates. I shall stick to my cheap and cheerful Toy Story hotel then - we only get the happy 15 at DL, not DS, but it’s a big jump in cost for a single perk, especially as you don’t get it on check in day.

2 Likes

The big thing for me is that you can’t book your premier access and priority pass until you are in the park, so getting in a little early could get you a much better pick…

Toy Story hotel was cheaper by a little than the Sheraton and Hilton for my dates. I will buy park tickets when they open ant 2 months out and can then stalk the partner hotels in case they price drop. The Disney hotel is free cancellation until 14 days out.

1 Like

One final thought - I booked a Disney hotel so I could stop freaking out about getting park tickets. I can’t stand the idea that I have to wait to 2 months out ( to the day!) - why on earth would this be the last thing of my trip to fall into place.

This is specially important if you are going once the new land opens, as who know how long the park will book out with locals coming to see it.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information! When are your dates?

Disney for the 20-23 May, with Kyoto and Tokyo before that. We are in Brisbane so this is a short 9 hour flight for us, so my plan is not to jam in too much, and just come back ;-).

3 Likes

Hope you will share your trip through a TR! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes