Kawaii to Hawaii: Universal Japan, ABD Japan, Tokyo Disneyland, Club Med Hokkaido, & Aulani - A Trip Report

It’s something else! 24 hours of travel is a LOT

2 Likes

No one else in my house has even started! I just have backpack to finish last minute with things like AirPods and makeup!

5 Likes

Oooh, how wonderful! I’m currently booking hotels and figuring out itineraries for our November trip to Japan. (Tokyo and Kyoto, and Tokyo Disneyland/Sea, of course)

2 Likes

Countdown is so close!

2 Likes

4 Likes

3 days!!! Seems like the countdown is dragging now haha!!

2 Likes

Inch by inch.

4 Likes

People are grabbing suitcases out of the harry potter closet!!! Yay!

3 Likes

:thinking:

But, yes, grab those suitcases!! Does that mean 1 day to go??!!

2 Likes

And we have boarding passes!

4 Likes

It’s getting real!!

3 Likes

Here will be Day 1’s itinerary. Note that we have TSAPrecheck and Clear so we are electing to only get to the aiport 2 hours early instead of the recommended 3 for international flights (also, the first flight is domestic so not exactly sure how the 3 hours really helps because we already checked in, have boarding passes, have scanned in our passport photos with United and done the pre-bag check so all we have to do is print the bag tags and drop them). Therefore, I think even 2 hours is gonna be too much time.

AIRBORNE
Activities Highlights: Flying High
:plate_with_cutlery:2 Meals Included
:hotel:United Airlines
:red_car:3:30 AM Leave the house for AUS
:airplane:4:00 AM Arrive at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport(AUS)
:airplane:6:00 AM Depart for San Francisco International Airport(SFO)
:plate_with_cutlery:Breakfast onboard the flight
:airplane:7:43 AM Arrive at San Francisco International Airport(SFO)
:airplane:11:10 AM Depart for Kansai International Airport(KIX)
:plate_with_cutlery:Lunch onboard the flight

6 Likes

When will you arrive at KIX?

1 Like

Technically on Day 2 because we cross the dateline:
OSAKA
Activities Highlights: Street Food Tour
:plate_with_cutlery: 1 Meal Included
:hotel: Park Front Hotel

:airplane: 2:50 PM Arrive at Kansai International Airport(KIX)
:red_car: Asia Car Service Toyota Hiace (9 Pax) Van to Park Front Hotel
The driver will wait for the passenger with a name sign in the arrival hall after they exit from the
baggage claim.
:sleeping_bed: Check-In at the hotel and get cash from International ATM in Lawson Convenience Store in the
hotel
:plate_with_cutlery: 6:00-9:00 PM City Unscripted Street food heaven in Japan’s food capital Tour
Pickup in the hotel lobby by Thomas.
Sample a myriad of classics like okonomiyaki pancakes and takoyaki octopus balls, before
trying local favorites like deep-fried kushikatsu and tonpeiyaki omelets. Your journey will be
peppered with your guide’s all-time favorite street food stalls and izakaya, and along the
way they’ll introduce you to hormon, grilled tripe that’s so good, you won’t care what it is,
and when you’re ready for the next level, you can bite the bullet and chow down on shirako,
fish semen that locals enjoy with pure glee! Endo Sushi serves up warm sushi with a twist,
bought fresh from the Central Wholesale Market next door, and you’ll discover that liquor
stores often hide secret tapas joints - it all goes down really easy with craft sake and beer
on tap!
There’s a reason Osaka is known as the Nation’s Kitchen, but a more honest description is
that it’s a ‘kuidaore city,’ which means to ruin yourself by indulging in food! Sounds good,
right? Our hosts live that philosophy and know the best and most unexpected places to get
your street food fix in Namba, the wildly frenetic entertainment district, and Dōtombori, its
canalside neighbor, where even animatronic crabs and neon lights aren’t enough to distract
you from the food! Osakan street food needs to abide by one rule, and one rule only: it has
to be well-priced, and your host is an expert at checking out the best. It won’t be long before
you’re cheering “kanpai” with the locals in a standing tachinomiya bar!

*Of note, none of us are up for fish semen. We took a vote and decided ah no.

4 Likes

I’m reading the whole thing and thinking…fish semen…and oh that sounds neat…and again fish semen…and should I mention fish semen in case it’s a typo…and also fish semen.

I can’t wait to see your photos of this! It sounds so cool…

6 Likes

Yah, it was a point of conversation at DS19’s bday get together Sunday when all were going over their guidebooks I bound and printed for them (with tabs delineating different cities/areas of stay).

But ya know I was thinking, we eat fish eggs? so why not semen? Still gonna be a pass for me and I’ve eaten a cricket, snails and fish eggs.

5 Likes

I guess they want to be transparent…but I think a creative name would have been welcome here :rofl:.

4 Likes

Yes like caviar which sounds so fancy! Or escargot!

4 Likes

It’s only 40 pages long with 7 tabs!!!

11 Likes

Love this!

3 Likes