Kali River Rapids Closing Feb. 7, 2019 for refurb all month

My Touring Plan says it can’t use the Kali River Rapids FP+ because it’s scheduled to be closed on Feb. 5. But I called Disney to confirm and try to change my FP+. Disney says, NO. KRR will be closing Feb 7 for the entire month, for refurbishment.
FYI.
Never been to AK, and wondering anyway whether it might be too cold to ride that day. But I guess you don’t really know until the weather report.

Do you mean January? Every schedule I see says it closes January 7th?

If you have ever been on a similar type of raft ride, you will be disappointed by KRR. It’s short, unexciting, and doesn’t even have much to look at. It feels like half a ride - which is appropriate because it is half a ride; in the original plans, a large portion of what is now the Maharajah Jungle Trek was supposed to be part of an Asian jungle raft ride - a parallel to KS. But when the original AK budget was slashed we got what’s now in AK; a very nice walking trail and a very mediocre raft ride.

2 Likes

I’m on the phone now waiting for Disney. I’ve had so many glitches with this experience. They still can’t link my hotel reservation. And they gave me a fast pass for something which is likely not open that day. If my hotel were linked, I could just change the Fast Pass, but it’s not. Oy.

I think the CM you spoke to may have made a mistake. I originally had FPP for Kali for 2/5 (maybe I’ll see you there!) and Disney changed it to Dinosaur because Kali won’t be open. They sent an email and I confirmed on the phone.

1 Like

Late getting back here to this thread. YES, definitely closed when we are there!