Kali recommendations?

Hi all!
Hitting AK tomorrow and plan on being in park all day. Planning for Kali midday. Knowing that you weren’t leaving the park to change or anything, would you opt for sandals (for Kali) or tennis? Or get a locker? Today at HS it was so hot all day…

Thanks!

1 Like

Kali has not been as wet lately as it seemed to be in the past, but you can still get soaked if you are (un)lucky! I would bring sandals or flip flops to wear while on the ride, but otherwise your clothes will likely dry off pretty quickly. If you had to wear shoes and socks, I’d at least prop them up so they are less likely to get wet from sloshing water.

Have fun!

1 Like

We always buy ponchos at Walmart for $1, and wear them tightly tucked around us, and we put our feet up on the bar in front of us. We may get teased, but we stay dry, and laugh a lot at all the splashes.

2 Likes

@Smillerteach, since this thread was bumped, mind telling us how it went? I’m curious what you ended up wearing and whether you got more or less soaked than you wanted. :slight_smile:

Yeah, of course! I’m planning on writing something up when we get home, but as far as Kali goes…
Weds was a hot day. We wanted to get wet. In fact, we wore tennies to the park and we all brought flip flops for Kali. (DH, DD 15, DS 15, DD 13). This was no small feat to get the teens on board; I sold this ride HARD.

In short, We. Did. Not. Get. Wet. :joy:

A few drops for everyone on our raft. We would have ridden it again had the line not been so long.

This week is Universal, and since it seems rain is in the agenda, I’m not sure we’re brave enough for Barges. Maybe… But for folks riding Kali, we certainly weren’t dripping and didn’t see others dripping, either.

2 Likes

This is so funny! It seems to change from week to week whether people are getting wet. We never got soaked, but I rode 4 times and also got at least one decent splash. But never uncomfortably wet. I wonder if they dial up or down the spray / splash depending on if it’s going to rain or something? :thinking:

1 Like

We were told one time when we went that they will change it based on the weather. In our case, it was in the 40’s. Maybe they do the same for other conditions.

1 Like