Kali and EE closing for lengthy refurbs

For those with trips with AK planned Nov-April

KR closed Nov 1 2021 - mid December 2021
EE closed Jan 4th 2022 - mid April 2022

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/kali-rapids/news/08sep2021-kali-river-rapids-closing-for-3-month-refurbishment-in-late-2021.htm

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/expedition-everest/news/08sep2021-expedition-everest-closing-for-lengthy-refurbishment-in-2022.htm

3 Likes

EE closure on marathon is the WORST!

Soooooooooooo many runners ride it then!

3 Likes

Ooh. Uncomfortably close to my May 2022 plans…

ETA: and still no Yeti repair eh

2 Likes

Was that one of the ones open during the actual race? Wasn’t that a thing?

2 Likes

Yup

1 Like

:frowning:

1 Like

At least they’re not closed simultaneously. Although I am surprised that Kali is going first - I’d have presumed the refurb for the water ride over January/February would be preferred just given the lower temperatures then…

4 Likes

Yeah that would make more sense

By mid-april (and you know it will probably go longer) it’s getting pretty warm — certainly warm enough to get wet on a water ride!

1 Like

My heart was in my mouth then, but it looks like we should be ok for EE.

4 Likes

I guess it’s purely the length of the refurbs. Kali is only a month and a half so it can get done before Xmas. Everest is 3.5 months so they couldn’t reverse it and have them both running over the Holidays…

We loved riding Kali in January - no wait and we could stay on for multiple rides if you wanted. And if you’re already soaked, why not go around again? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bummer no EE for marathon weekend :sob:
But at least we can ride kali. I just hope for warm (ish) weather. Or at least cool in the morning for runners then warm later for kali!

2 Likes

You had me in a bit of a panic. KR was never a favorite but EE is. Glad that I won’t miss it during my Nov trip.

3 Likes

MARATHON RUINED! I QUIT!

complete sentence

5 Likes

Oh my, I almost had a heart attack too. These are Dd’s favorite rides and EE isnthe family favorite. We planned on park hoping to AK just for that.

Both should be open for my trip. Sorry to those who will miss out on EE :frowning:

2 Likes

Yes… we have May 2022 plans as well, and DH loves that ride. Hope this refurb finishes on time!

2 Likes

It’ll be our first time but I’m sure DW and I will get a kick out of it

2 Likes

You’ll love it!

2 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

We go March 2022. EE is one of our favorite rides! One of the highlights of our last trip was riding it 6 times in a row at park open. We were hoping for a repeat of that.

3 Likes

Oh no!! That’s the worst, I’m so sorry!

Side note, tying into your AP question on the other thread, if you’re staying onsite you can make park reservations on an inactivated AP for the length of your stay. I was able to for the duration of my Dec trip and I don’t tap in until then.

2 Likes

Thanks! It would be insane if they didn’t let us do that.

1 Like