Just when I thought I was out …

All for the low low price of 2 kidneys and an arm.

6 Likes

Apparently livers can regenerate, so I pretty much have an unlimited pile of cash sitting right in my torso.

2 Likes

Which phrase? “upgraded the drinks” or “my second cruise”?

5 Likes

Good point.

Both.

3 Likes

I’m out.

Today the UK government announced the next of a sequence of reviews of the classification of foreign destinations. No country was upgraded to green (i.e. no quarantine on return to the UK) and one country, Portugal, was downgraded to amber (10 days quarantine on return, including two COVID tests during the quarantine period at your own expense). This latter change means that people currently in Portugal will now be scrambling to find early flights home before the quarantine requirement kicks in, and people booked to go to Portugal will be deciding whether or not they should cancel.

To make things worse, we are completely ill-prepared for an increase in air travel. There is a desperate shortage of the private COVID tests required, and airports are seeing huge lines (four hours is a figure I saw today) for departures and arrivals as new procedures have to be followed. Until recently, passengers arriving from high risk countries were in the same (windowless, barely ventilated) waiting areas as passengers from low risk countries. And this is with tiny passenger numbers. Imagine if they opened up flights to more countries.

So I’ve completed Virgin Atlantic’s online form to convert my tickets to a voucher.

I really am officially out of the WDW business in 2021.

7 Likes

I’m SO sorry.

1 Like

:sweat:

1 Like

Time of redeath: 1:44pm EST

On the plus side… 2 cruises!

6 Likes

Honestly? I’m fine with it. I’ve known for a week that it’s not happening. And I’m really excited about my new plans.

I don’t feel bad at all.

Exactly!

6 Likes

I booked our first Disney cruise for this October. Fingers crossed that it happens. Resort only stay at WDW before an after. I’ll have to resist the pull of the parks.

1 Like

Clearly that’s not happening.

3 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with this plan. My family is also planning our return to the world for August of 2022 and I plan to try to meet up with as many strangers from the internet as possible.

4 Likes