Just the fun stuff

It’s been something of a stressful year, right? As we rolled into August, DW and I came to the point that we needed to find a (mostly responsible) way to get the family away for a week during fall break. We went back and forth between a number of options, but we weren’t really happy with any of them given the kids’ ages.

So while driving to DWs parents one Saturday I nonchalantly say “do you want me to call WDW and see if they have anything available?” and BOOM! Here we are.

So it’s me (39), DW40, DS8, DS6, DS5, and DD2. We’re at OKW. We’ve not really done more than a couple park days before, but have 6-day passes this time…so we’ll see how that goes.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to do a full live report a la @Randall1028 because kids. So this may turn into a 2-post trip report, but many of you, knowingly or not, have inspired a lot of what we plan to do this week (looking at you, @OBNurseNH going to AK today looking for a life-changing experience :wink:) so I at least wanted to have a place to thank you all as we do stuff.

Here’s to all the fun this week!!

30 Likes

Have every bit of All of the Fun!!!

4 Likes

Have a magical week! AK! That is the perfect way to start a trip!

4 Likes

Have a wonderful time!

4 Likes

Aww :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I hope you’ll share!! I could use some not-quite-live-trip-reporting-of-life-changing-experiences today as I’m feeling kind of glum.

7 Likes

Well happy Sunday from the brinksan crew. How can you be glum with these guys?

30 Likes

Have a magical day!

4 Likes

You are my other AK spirit animal. Tips, tricks, and recommendations are welcome.

5 Likes

OMG they are ADORABLE!

Definitely brought a smile to my face!

Love it at OKW! Are you in a 1br or 2br?

5 Likes

Old Key West & Animal Kingdom :sparkling_heart: :green_heart:

5 Likes

Booked a 1 BR. Got our room assignment pretty late, walked in and it was a 2 BR. Next door to the room we requested with a river view. Super excited. The place is HUGE.

20 Likes

What a great surprise!

1 Like

DS5 was just tall enough for EE. Ready to roll.

25 Likes

They didn’t all love it. Might get DS8 to ride again some day. Got in line for Dinosaur but bailed because DS5 got nervous. Rode TS twice and KRR for the first time. Headed to meet wife and DD in Pandora.

8 Likes

At the time my DD8 hated EE, while DDs 4 and 6 loved it. They’re all excited to ride again, though, even DDnow10.

4 Likes

There’s hope…good. :smile:

1 Like

Grooted

14 Likes

ak is the best! have a great day (and trip)!

3 Likes

Sounds like the trip is off to a fantastic start! Have a great time!!

2 Likes

Have the best time!!

1 Like