Just snuck in a Thanksgiving Week trip and here is a belated report (I know, I am not a good liner for my belatedness)

OK, Day 4 was Animal Kingdom. We used a Minnie Van to get over from Pop which is always good and some good info from the CMs that drive as well. We had some of the best weather this trip. No rain at all and some overcast skies in the mornings at times which kept temps at bay. We stayed in the upper 70s to maybe low 80s range really the entire time until we left. You just never know. Animal Kingdom didn’t seem that crowded and the Crowd Calendar had predicted a light day for Saturday. We had a LL for KS first thing so we headed back for it. Then we took a break for a snack there just outside Harambe Market at the cart and got some corn and a sausage, egg and cheese biscuit. Didn’t know they had them there. After our break, we had to get some candy for sustenance at the store in Harambe and then we were off to KRR.

We got soaked on KRR. I mean soaked. And then we rode it again to get more soaked. I ended up buying a Yak & Yeti shirt just to let my “real” shirt dry out (which it did not sitting at the bottom of the stroller).

After KRR we went to EE where we just did Standby with a Rider Swap. Standby was only about 30 minutes which wasn’t bad. My DD7 loves this coaster and I do as well. And it looks like the little one had a mouthful of popcorn in the little taxi as well. Her dentist will appreciate that.

After this, we went over to Tusker House for our lunch. Food was great and the characters were fun as usual. It was pretty booked up there versus when we last ate there in March. I think it might have just opened back up in March so that is probably the reason.

After lunch we had an ILL for FoP and then we did Na’vi as well.

I made a quick trek back over to Asia after this to grab some of those fries with the curry ketchup and spicy mustard which were awesome. I know the dumplings are good too but those fries were the real deal if you like some spice. I also was tasked to buy two Squishmallows that were spotted at the store outside Y&Y and KRR. Kids just don’t forget those things :slight_smile:

We then headed back to the hotel for an evening of swimming and Pop food. It was a relaxing end to this trip and we intentionally made a late breakfast rez for Trattoria the next morning so we could pack in the morning and then leisurely make our way over to the Boardwalk. However, we got packed the next morning and the Skyliner to EPCOT was down. So we took the Liner to HS and then grabbed a boat to Boardwalk which was fun. We were crazy late for our original rez but I was able to find another Trattoria an hour later at which we arrived maybe 5 minutes before. Breakfast was good but we really miss the characters of course and the basket of pastries! We ordered their pastry plate but it is just not the same. They also took off Triton’s breakfast which was one of our fav’s. Still had excellent food and the steak is always very good. We then shopped the Boardwalk a bit and then Skylinered back to Pop to pick up our stored luggage and pack the car. Let me just say I95 on Sunday was just stupid. The minute we got on at Daytona off of I4, it was a parking lot. And it stayed like that until we got near Orangeburg, SC. Just crazy. But we got back home safe and sound and we all agreed that this was just a really fun trip. No pressure, no real schedule (just a loose one) and then fun character meals and food. It was almost like old times except for park reservations and pre 7:00am wake-ups for Genie plus. And that is the trip. I love sharing photos and anything else that might come up. Thanks for tagging along. I know my pics all turn into my family but part of that happens because we are proud parents and partly because we have taken a million pictures of so many parts of Disney over all of these trips. But I still have plenty of park pics too. The beauty of digital picture taking! And those rascally elves showed back up at the house when we got home…

13 Likes

I have quite a collection of Animal Kingdom towels I have purchased at the exit of the ride.

Your kids are TOO CUTE. And your photos are AMAZING! What camera are you using?

4 Likes

I am using a good old iPhone 13 Pro Max. Technically, it is my wife’s. My iPhone 12 Pro Max has a camera lens that is shattered from droppage at the moment. So, my close up/portrait options are not there. But I think the phone does a pretty darn good job.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing! Your kid’s precious smiles brightened up my otherwise gloomy day today.

4 Likes

Well, we love seeing pics of your girls, so no complaining here! What a fun trip! Thank for sharing.

5 Likes

Your girls just have the best expressions. And you take fabulous pictures.

3 Likes

Sorry your day has been gloomy! It’s a frenetic time for many this time of year and I know it can get rough. Hope tomorrow is a new day!

2 Likes

These girls are soooo adorable! You can tell they were having a great trip. Thanks for taking us along!

4 Likes