Just Realized Be Our Guest is now $62/person instead of way cheaper price it used to be

:sob:
I just now realized that Be Our Guest is now $62/person for lunch instead of the 15-20 it used to cost when it wasn’t a prix fixed lunch. The value for the quality and ambiance wasn’t even close to anything else at magic Kingdom. Any recommendations for decent food for a decent price in Magic Kingdom? Or is that non-existent at MK?

4 Likes

I like Skipper Canteen over in Adventureland for good TS food at a fair price.It may not be $15 - $20, but definitely not $62/person. (These days at WDW $15 is the starting cost of hot dogs / hamburgers - no joke)

6 Likes

All I can say is good grief.

2 Likes

I agree with Skipper Canteen.

100% on Skippers! Best food! I’ve done the prix fixed lunch and dinner at BOG and would still rather go to Skippers.

1 Like

I’m hoping to try Skipper’s Canteen this trip.

My favs at MK are Skippers and Pecos Bills. If I HAD to pick two more, Cosmic Rays and Columbia Harbor are adequate. Haven’t done anything at Poly but Capt Cooks and Kona gets good reviews. Will try next trip. Geyser Point is a quick boat ride away.

1 Like

We loved that lunch! Ugh

BOG ain’t alone. Cali Grill is now $89 per person per meal (plus tax and gratuity). It’s been awhile, but the last time my wife & I ate there the total bill for our orders combined didn’t amount to that much. So yeah, going to WDW these days is more of a financial reality check than it has ever been before.

1 Like

Did this price go up recently?

It started 10/1. It’s a 3 course pre fixe now, similar to BOG.

1 Like

The prix fixe lunch at BOG is one of my least favorite changes at MK in recent years. WAY too expensive for my family more than once in a blue moon. I hope they stop being able to fill tables and have to go back to QS lunch, cause that was a great value, even if its $20 a plate or whatever. My kids barely pick off their $40+ plates and it makes me cry.

6 Likes

Plus I don’t think the food is that great either. At least at CG you get selection and great appetizers and desserts.

3 Likes

I haven’t been to BOG since before it became a fixed price restaurant at dinner. I liked how it was before. I was unimpressed with the offerings. We loved it the time we went. I think it was Spring 2017.

4 Likes

This is a “must do” for me as it’s on my “have never been there” list.

3 Likes

Perhaps we should try a meet up there!

1 Like

Skipper’s Canteen was the only restaurant that I ate at in October and went back in January (although the rest of our October meals were also excellent)!

Definitely a fan!

1 Like

I suspect they plan to raise prices for any before bringing back DDP.

2 Likes

But sadly if people keep paying it for lunch there’s not a incentive to change it back. Which makes me sad. I used to love lunch there.

6 Likes

Skippers Canteen was really good! We enjoyed the food and had great service. We did BoG back when it was quick service lunch. My kids loved eating in the Beast’s castle. I want to do dinner but agree it’s soooo expensive.