Just one ADR, what would you pick?

Trails End, perhaps?

1 Like

I agree with Via Napoli. And the pizza is soooooo good

I’m not opposed…although, we DO plan to get pizza from Giordano’s once during this trip, so doing another pizza place might not be in our best interest. Had we not been planning on Giordano’s already, though, I would definitely consider VN.

By far the best meal and best time we had at WDW.
Second is Sci Fi just for the atmosphere and milkshakes.

2 Likes

Sci-fi. Budget friendly too.

1 Like

Looking at this, I’m curious if anyone knows (maybe I should make a separate post about this). But the AP discount is 10% there. However, there is this in the fine print:

So does this mean that I’ll only get 10% off on 4 of us? Or is that fine print referring to special events and dining packages???

Although I hate to agree with someone named @Jayhawker, I do think Ragland Road would be great for the group. Good food, drinks, entertainment and totally kid-friendly.

2 Likes

You and three guests get 10% off when you go for a regular meal. Special dining events are excluded- I don’t know what that would be since Fantasmic! doesn’t involve SciFi, sadly. I suppose that’s just to cover future possibilities.

I never noticed that 4 person limit before. It makes TIW pencil out more favorably for larger parties, so maybe my buying that wasn’t as unhelpful as I thought it was.:thinking:

Yeah. Although not all places appear to have the 4 person limit, many do. So definitely something those doing their calculations on AP and/or TiW should keep in mind.

I’ll assume signatures are off the table (so to speak).

For me, it would probably be Biergarten; I love German food, and where I live the only time I get it is when I cook it. I also love the atmosphere and the music. It’s a buffet, so you can do a solid job of gorging yourself at lunch, and probably not really need another meal that day.

If that’s too “exotic” for your (hypothetical) family, then I have to second (or is it third) Raglan Road. The menu is huge and ranged from basic sandwiches and burgers to classic Irish stew and bangers and mash. Or you can get steak or chops, or roast… I recommend dinner time as that’s when the live entertainment is going on. They also have a very goo Sunday brunch.

A third option (for “value”) would be Via Napoli; on the whole the pizza is a pretty good deal and it is excellent pizza. Down-side, if you can get really good pizza at home, you might be left with the “I can get as good at home for half the price” feeling.

Honorable mention to Sanaa. Excellent food, and you can watch the animals on the savanna while you eat. It’s not higher on my list because it’s heavily influenced by Indian cuisine, and that’s kind of a “you like it or you don’t” sort of thing.

2 Likes

You know, I would probably go with San Angel Inn. It is cool, relaxing, good views, a menu that is solid and not that expensive. We love California Grill, Jiko, Le Cellier as well. But those are going to cost you some $$$. This way you have a fan favorite as far as ethnic food goes, and a fun place to dine. Not as awkward as sitting in a car at SciFi. And no polka music :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what my wife and I did on our Honeymoon. Lovely. Nice setting…and I love Mexican food.

Too many favorites to pick just one, but if I could only eat 1 table service for a week it would be Yak and Yeti. We just love it. Honorable mention to Sci Fi, Tusker House brunch, Garden Grill breakfast and Via Napoli, we never miss these. We have at least 10 ADRs plus 2 dessert parties being used as meals over 7 days in December, how can you limit yourselves to just 1? :rofl:

2 Likes

$$$$$$$$$$ <— :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Biergarten is always a favorite for us, especially with younger kids. But our hands-down favorite last trip with just our older kids was California Grill brunch. It was fabulous!!! Expensive, but I would say it’s worth it and CG does have TIW discount.

2 Likes

I would choose from among BoG, Biergarten, Raglan Road, and Ohana, depending on the family’s personal preferences and park schedule.

1 Like

Biergarten!

This is my vote if it was me. But probably not for you … er, hypothetical family.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind hibachi…but I might struggle to get some of my family on board. If it is like other Hibachi places, it is definitely entertaining, though.

1 Like

It’s just as good if not better than any other hibachi restaurant I’ve been to. My kids love hibachi (well, they like steamed rice and miso soup, and they love watching the chef prepare the rest of the food they are too picky to eat. :laughing:)

1 Like