Just got back from our 12 day trip. Some thoughts and (no maybes) a detailed daily trip report

OK, so I will wrap up this trip report I will go through our last two days. We kind of did some new things here were we just planned on parks part of the day including the day we were heading out. So we grabbed some breakfast from the Center Market early in the room. Then headed to the pool. It was an awesome day. My 2 year old has taken infant swim rescue prior. So her respect for the water is solid but she is a water bug as well. We did spook the CM Lifeguards with her some. She looks way too small to be floating and swimming around like that. We grabbed some snacks by the pool and then cleaned up for Sebastian’s Bistro with a 4:00pm rez. I think this is the earliest time slot. Food was great and I really like the place. And as I mentioned before, in comparison to other Disney Dining, I think a family could have a very nice meal there for a decent price. So Sebastian’s is a recommend for sure. After Sebastian’s we grabbed the Skyliner for HS. We got in MFSRx2, RotRx2, ASS a couple of times with my youngest and SDD a couple times for the my big girl. We did have a cast member on the bridge to SDD try to refuse us entry even though though all those on the ride itself had told us to come back to the exit for rider swap. Basically it was late and they did away with LL so you went through SB and then came back to the Exit and rode it again. This CM argued profusely about it. But we just politely said we were going up to talk to the ride CMs and our stroller was up there anyway. Everyone at the ride itself knew what was going on and were awesome. Heather was having some issues I suppose. It was quitting time. I get it. Just don’t argue with a guest with their kids when we were following explicit instructions. We called it a night and headed back to the room having had a blast. My DD6 was already getting concerned about our last day coming up. It was kind of pitiful but all good things must come to an end.

The next day, Day 12, we had our luggage picked up for storage around 11:00am. We shot over to EPCOT via Skyliner and rode FEW and then walked around the WS and finished up with Remy again. The girls played the find Spike game throughout the topiary gardens. That was super fun. And they also got some good play time at the playground there on the way into WS. It was great! We had gotten fun snacks at Germany to enjoy, a Boba Tea outside China and we went to Halles Glaces for some food and desserts before Remy. It was just a good day. And not crowded at all it seemed. I don’t know if most folks were up front or what. It was a Sunday and still Spring Break. So we had expected more crowds. Anyway, the girls got to redeem their scavenger hunt for a prize at the World Traveler gift shop at the IG. They both got a very cool Spike plastic container. I woudl recommend any family with some time to do this. Very fun! We grabbed the Skyliner back to Riviera and walked around the Riviera side back to Port Royale. Grabbed or luggage and an Uber to the Airport. I think an XL with Car Seat was maybe $47 at that time. MCO was crazy as always. Skycaps had closed which I thought was weird. We got through relatively quickly since you don’t have to take things out of bags there anymore and no removal of shoes. We grabbed a bite to eat and made our way back home. Flights were good and on time. The little slept a lot which was good. We didn’t make it back to AVL until 11:30pm which is rough. And lo and behold, they lost my bag. I had been following it on AA and it never had left MCO. I didn’t know if it was a glitch or not. But I did get it the next day. Two wheels were torn off and one was hanging on to some rubber. My guess is that it got dumped off a moving luggage cart somewhere. So the claim has started for a new piece of luggage. The irony there is I hated that suitcase. I bought it at Pop one time because we had bought so much “junk” for the girls that we needed another suitcase or to ship it. But they don’t make it anymore so no replacing it for the exact one. My DD6 loved it. It was a rainbow large hard-shell with Disney icons all over it in shadow. Not really me, but we will miss it. So back home after 1:30am and off to work the next morning to start catching up. My beautiful wife and my MIL went after the laundry. And then as we all do, we needed a week to rest up from our trip it seemed. All in all, it was a magical time with so many memories and all the planning worked so well. Genie+ isn’t really that bad. And park crowds were manageable I thought even though it was crowded. Now to plan the next trip back… Thanks for following!

PS Two corrections. After talking with my lovely wife she noted that we camped out for Harmonious behind benches at Japan not Italy. So for all those scratching their heads on benches at Italy, it was my mistake. Not sure why I thought that. We had just shopped at the Mitsokoshi store. So there it is. Second, is the special we got at Nomad Lounge. Lobster Mac was right but we got a flash fried cauliflower app as well. I couldn’t remember it. But it was very good. Lots of spices and flavor.

13 Likes

Just caught up. Great report. The outfits are all fabulous!! I miss getting to dress littles. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

this unexpected type of blessing happened to me once with a suitcase as well!

You mentioned you “followed it on AA” What does that mean?

American Airlines app let’s you track your luggage.

1 Like

Neat! We are actually flying AA for the first time (perhaps ever!) for this next trip. I’ll be sure to familiarize myself.

1 Like

AA is fine. I have some issues but we are in a rural area so we always are either connecting through CLT with AA or ATL with Delta. Recently, AA scaled back their flights in our local regional airport. But American isn’t bad at all.

1 Like

Awesome trip report. So glad you and your beautiful family had such a great time! Thanks for taking us along.

1 Like

ROA? My parents fly out of LYH and the only choice is CLT, bleh.

LOVED your report and your obvious love for your wife and girls!!

2 Likes

Per usual, your wife’s outfit game is on point! I love the Sleeping Beauty shirts - Make it blue/pink! You need to take those on the road to DLR and Sleeping Beauty Castle!

4 Likes

TRI for us

1 Like

Don’t you go fallin’ in love with it… because we are taking it with us when we leave next month!

3 Likes

Just catching up. What a great trip report! I am in awe of your wife’s and daughters’ coordinating outfits/accessories/shoes! She must be exhausted! (They are little for such a short period of time though, and it is so fun to dress them up before they are old enough to object!) Thanks for all of the useful information. So glad you had such a good time!

3 Likes

I never never get tired of those lines from Christmas Vacation. Classic!

2 Likes

My wife loves the matching aspect of it. So she is constantly looking for the girls. She has a local person who can make some things as well like those Pink/Blue shirts. So some fun stuff. The wife considers the wardrobe planning for Disney to be on equal ground as the rest of it :grinning:

6 Likes

What a delightful trip report! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Your girls and their outfits are darling!

2 Likes

Love the matching outfits/accessories!! It’s one of my favorite planning parts. Kids are getting older but I told them matching shirts are required! Great report, thanks for the details and pics. Your girls are precious!

1 Like