Just got back from our 12 day trip. Some thoughts and (no maybes) a detailed daily trip report

I will pass that along to the wife. I had to look back to see if I was wearing some kind of ruffle pants :slight_smile:

9 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

:joy: sorry about that! I now obviously remember that you are not wearing ruffle pants.

Strike that from the record!

6 Likes

Ok, so Day 3 was a MK day. We grabbed a SM LL and a 7DMT LL$. No issues really. Took the ferry over to MK from Fort Wilderness. Awesome trip and pretty short really. I had never done it from there before. We had the grandparents who are a lot like kids in a way so we tried to set a leisurely pace. We grabbed spring rolls on our way in. The 50th Pastrami one was fantastic. It is my new fav. We went back and knocked off iasw, Barnstormer and then PM after SM. We had booked an afternoon ADR for the Plaza. Not for the food really but just for an afternoon break. Well, the sundae there was awesome. Everyone loved it. So I will give it the thumbs up as a cool afternoon, sit down treat. We watched the Festival of Fantasy parade with our turkey leg and hot dogs. And then met some friends that moved down to Orlando not long ago from our neighborhood. The in-laws called it a night and we decided to go to ride Aladdin’s Carpets at Enchantment time (we knew we would be watching it a few times). Well, the coolest thing happened. The ride operator held up the ride while we were sitting on it. Wouldn’t start it. I kept wondering what he was waiting on. Well, he finally says, “I think this should be about right!” and starts it up. Well, he had timed the finale! So we are spinning around watching the last bursts of the show. I thought that was a cool touch. Then we reversed travelled back to FW with the Ferry and called it a night. Not without buying balloons on Main Street of course. One benefit to the grandparents RV was that we sent the balloons back home with them. So the girls are now getting to enjoy them all over again. Obligatory pic of a worn out child included. It seems I always have pics of DD2 sleeping. She goes at it hard let me tell ya!

17 Likes

LOVE this! How awesome of him!

8 Likes

Omg the poses… the faces… I love it!

3 Likes

Best. Movie. Ever.

5 Likes

Day 4, we had a move from FW to the Poly. So the whole family did an Uber over to WL and had breakfast at WC. Then we headed back to the campsite where the wife took me to the front of FW to catch an Uber with all of our luggage to transfer to Poly. FW doesn’t have the transfer service (I don’t believe). So while I took all of the luggage to the Poly, the wife and kids got everything together to ferry over and grab the monorail to meet me later. So I got checked into the Poly and luggage to the room. I will share that the Bell Services stand at the Poly was terrible. Surprisingly bad. No one was there to help with luggage when I exited the Uber. The Uber driver actually went on a long hunt to find a luggage cart and we loaded it. I didn’t want to leave all of our belongings unattended so I rolled the cart into the lobby. The front desk informed me that Bell Services would take care of getting it to the room but I would have to talk with them. There is a bell services desk in the lobby but guess what? They only take phone calls. It’s really just a concierge desk. So they informed me that I would have to take my luggage back outside down to bell services there. The gentleman there tried to sell me on the wait being really long to get my luggage to my room. But I wasn’t in a hurry. And it arrived within 15 minutes. I just think that is odd service out of them for the low, low price of $1000./night for a pretty standard room. No biggie though. I had about 2 hours to rest and take a nap which as most parents know is an absolute rarity. As I mentioned before, I had a TP Room Request for Samoa on the 3rd floor end. Kind of wishful thinking as it looked over the pool and kind of had a view of the GF. But we got 2nd floor Fiji. No complaints at all. Great room, great view and close to the Great Ceremonial House. We then cleaned up after shopping a bit in the Ceremonial House for dinner at Ohana. Our seating was spectacular at the glass and pretty well centered. Had a fun dinner and good Enchantment show. Then back to bed to start Day 5. In-laws were splitting in the morning and hey were returning the golf cart. So we said our goodbyes at Ohana. Weather was looking cold for that Sunday so we figured in lieu of pool, we would do DS and shop and then re-evaluate the pool in the afternoon.

Uploading: wl11.jpg…

Uploading: wl13.jpg…

Uploading: poly12.jpg…

19 Likes

So Day 5 started with a good Kona breakfast. Girls like to get the Spam which is fun. I got Tonga toast as I cannot really pass it up. I guess it is the nostalgia of it more than anything as I can remember eating it as a kid. Press pot coffee was pretty solid as well. Since the day was cool, we Uber-ed over to DS to shop. We did visit the poutine window there and had a fun snack. They were out of original so we got Italian and the New Delhi I believe with an adult beverage of the caramel apple slushy. It was good! My DD6 wanted a phone case and I thought she was going to get this cute one we had seen in the Poly. But she ended up with a Grogu case. She knows her Dad likes Star Wars and it is a cute case. She also got a Pufferpig at the Trading Post which I have to admit, I didn’t even know because I haven’t seen Star Wars Rebels. But DD6 loves it and it was taken with her pretty much everywhere throughout the trip. Lesson is that I would never in a million years have picked the phone case or the pufferpig out for her and that is what she got. So my quest to understand women lives on :slight_smile: Girls got in a train ride and a carousel ride and then we headed back to the Poly and decided to brave the wind and go to the pool for a bit. It was about 70 degrees which was cool to say the least for pool time but it was fun. And the hot tub was a good warmer. We cleaned up for a Cali Dinner at 7:30. We had extremely good luck with seating as a mentioned before. We got glass seats at Ohana, CG, Space 220 and even a water seat at San Angel for lunch in EPCOT later. Just a real good streak of seating. I didn’t request it at all. Just luck of the draw. Dinner was very good. I got the tomahawk ribeye which was excellent. Also, I got lobster bisque and the sushi sampler as the starters. Couldn’t make up my mind. This was the first time we watched Enchantment with the music really. It was just fireworks from Ohana and Citricos. And then we were spinning on a magic carpet before when it was ending. So this was very nice. We love to do this and I would always recommend it for any family as a nice treat. Only caveat is that with Enchantment being at 9:00 sometimes, it could be a late night for the kiddoes. I have had a sleeping DD2 before in a stroller by night’s end. Anyway, we made it back to the Poly and prepared for our move to Caribbean Beach and really our first family park day coming up sans in-laws.

This starts Day 6 and we started it off in EPCOT. We got to monorail over from the Poly as the luggage was being transferred directly to CBR. We had a LL for TT to kick it off and then shopped at the new (to me anyway) Creations mega store and took some time to try to drinks at the Club Cool. That Country Club drink from I think the Dominican was good. WE had lunch at San Angel and got a Gran Fiesta ride in as well. DD6 has gotten a carved animal in the pavilion that last couple of times so she got a small, blue lobster that she named flora (Spanish for flower in her terms). Then we made our way around the world to sample some fun things and to end up at Remy to ride it for the first time. We came back for a Land & Soarin’ stop and also Nemo/ Turtle Talk. We then circled back for a dinner at Space220. Space220 was neat. But I feel like this might be a one and done for us. Or at least a lounge stop. It just isn’t that interactive or anything to want to sit and watch a few things float by on the screen. But I would try it if you are considering it. The girls were tired and that took away from it a bit I suppose. But we left there late ad Harmonious had started. We made a bee-line for the Skyliner while everyone was watching to beat the crowds. We were coming back another day so we knew we would catch it then. We took the Skyliner to the Caribbean Beach stop. If I had to do it over, I would’ve exited at the Riviera. I think it is a shorter walk to the Port Royale from there. Or at least it seems like it is. It was a hike to get over to check-in (I didn’t mention that online check in never worked the entire day). But we needed to get our luggage and room. Service was great and they drove us to Aruba 55 with the luggage in tow. Everyone was tired and maybe a little grouchy so we didn’t really appreciate the room location until the morning. It is hard to go from the Poly to CBR. It is just the truth. But CBR offers a lot of neat and desirable features that make it a good pick. We figured this out as we went but it substantiated why we picked it. And thus ends the Day 5 and 6. More to come…

12 Likes

I remember those cute little girls! (From your last trip report.) Looks like a great time was had by all. The outfits are adorable. I love those Moana dresses - tell your wife! She done good!

4 Likes

We ate there in January and shared that dessert. I agree, Citricos is fantastic.

3 Likes

:laughing:

I heard on a podcast that if you get this they charge you x2 prix fixe charges. Did that happen to you?

Seems to be largely the response from most people

Gotta always make your splits in the right direction!

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Maybe you should have bought a Lotto ticket!

2 Likes

Yes, I think it was an upcharge for sure. I am thinking it was an extra $80 per.

1 Like

She will love hearing that!

1 Like

I love the Daisy print dresses!!! Where did you find them, plz?

We have had those since last Summer. I think they are from Wild Rich Kids. Before I get credit, I know this because a lady asked while we were at Disney and I heard from the wife. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have a clue.

4 Likes

Thank you! Good memory! You should get a DH gold star for listening and remembering :rofl:

2 Likes

I had never heard of that shop before. I just visited their page and I’m wicked sad I don’t have anyone of that age to dress anymore because they have some wicked cute stuff!!! There’s a Mary Blair inspired dress that I would wear! LOL

2 Likes

Here to say— I love your trip report!

What a great trip. As much as I loved the poly, we also found service to be lacking for what it cost.

1 Like