Just filed 10.18.2022 AP lawsuit in FL

We all have heard about the lawsuit filed in CA over their APs, but this is new to me. Maybe others knew about this already. I share the link w/o offering my opinion one way or another but just to share information.

It sounds similar to CA’s lawsuit of breach of contract due to lack of access.

2 Likes

This is the Business Insider article from a few days ago the video is referring to: Disney Reduced Annual Passholders' Access to Parks: Lawsuit

1 Like

When I saw it was you posting about an AP lawsuit in Florida I figured you had waited long enough and had finally called Morgan & Morgan

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Personally, I’ve rarely had issues getting an APR since the very restrictive days during the pandemic reopening.

More than anything I want the park hopping time restriction to go away.

10 Likes

Very interested to see how this lawsuit goes. I think the plaintiffs have a good case.

3 Likes

This!! APR’s aren’t that big of a deal anymore.

6 Likes

I’m not so sure. It’s not like DLR where Park reservations were hardly available.

Besides, if they win, I think it’s the end of the AP program.

2 Likes

I’m not sure WDW could get away with no AP program bc all the other parks in the area offer APs and all the state benefits they receive. I could see even more local backlash if it was discontinued.

Also, did anyone listen to Chapek’s interview with WSJ ( I think that was it)? He talked about the fans and forums. Made me wonder if he’s reading here now :face_with_monocle: or his lackeys are reading for him.

1 Like

Watch the Full Interview With Disney’s Bob Chapek (wsj.com)

I think this is it, I saw excerpts posted on Twitter all day long w/ scathing comments.

1 Like

Thanks for this, I don’t think you need a WSJ account to listen to the interview, actually.

I kinda dislike him less with the beard. Makes him look more great-uncle-y. Not grandfatherly, that would be too complimentary.

4 Likes

Yes, the link seems to work and I’m listening to the whole interview and not just snippets that ppl have posted. I need to amend my earlier comment b/c it was actually the interviewer that brought up the forums and not Chapek. Also, listening to Chapek from a business standpoint: scale, customer base etc. He’s kinda’ smart and knows what he’s doing. It’s nice to listen to a full interview.

3 Likes

You and Jim Shull both!

4 Likes

:joy: :joy: They talk about that at the end of the interview and Chapek says the beard was his wife’s idea

4 Likes

Maybe the first positive words I’ve heard about him? Maybe he can redeem himself somehow? I guess he doesn’t give up in the face of hate—that must count for something.

I want to like him, and I want good things for Disney. It takes too much energy otherwise.

4 Likes

IKR?, I hesitated to write those comments but I’m glad I got to listen to the whole interview and not just snippets and read other’s interpretations and critiques. As far as this interview, he really didn’t say anything out of line for someone looking at a company’s best interest AND he spoke often of honoring their ‘NorthStar’, Disney legacy, customer experience and improving same etc. Many of the comments from others pick on some of that but I didn’t really hear anything that was negative. Also, the interviewer didn’t hold any punches and brought up issues for him to address.

6 Likes

I agree, this was the best interview I’ve heard Chapek give. The interviewer was the WSJ editor-in-chief, no lightweight especially given the WSJ was armed with @len’s research, and Chapek was thrown hard questions (time index 25:30 addresses online forum complaints). He’s starting to sound like a CEO rather than a COO, and his comments at the end I actually liked. Chapek said he’s working to maximize customers’ positive perception of the “big D”, ie Disney as a whole, and what people think about him personally doesn’t matter.

Re Chapek saying the beard was his wife and daughter’s idea: even if it was partly his image consultant’s idea, it’s still a good thing, bc it shows he’s taking advice on image and how it can help him get along with people, which hasn’t been his strong suit.

2 Likes

Mickey Views did a vlog a few days ago now that was actually REALLY enlightening. In it, he went into some detail that kind of gave me a bit of hope…specifically around financial decisions as of late, and why Chapek might actually ultimately have something good in store, but he has to FIRST clean up the mess left behind by Iger. That is, Iger saddled Disney with an ENORMOUS amount of debt just before leaving the company, and almost everything Disney brings in now is being used to first pay down that debt.

I don’t want to go into all of it here, but it really was worth watching. I left thinking that perhaps there is hope for more investment into the parks coming down the pipeline ONCE that debt is paid off.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m relieved that someone besides me, took some positives away from that interview :upside_down_face: @DWJoe @ryan1 Thanks for chiming in and sharing your thoughts too :slight_smile:

2 Likes