Just Booked an Anniversary Trip to WDW for 3 Nights!

Got a very good deal from MVT to stay at WL for three nights with Deluxe Dining at the end of July for our 20th anniversary. We’re planning on only going to Epcot and a water park. Now to decide on restaurants. Not sure exact dates yet. She’s going to search for availability anytime between 7/13 and 7/28. I’m stoked. Raglan Road will be on arrival day.

14 Likes

Wow! Congrats!

4 Likes

Congratulations. That is very good news. Which restaurants are you hoping for?

1 Like

Jiko for sure, since we missed our ADR last trip. I think that we’ll try ones we’ve never been to. What are your thoughts on Boathouse?

1 Like

It is on the favourites list and I have it booked for our next trip but it is a bit noisy for my liking. I may drop it for Jaleo. Both are bookable on Open table if MDE doesn’t have availability.
DFB have listed what you get at Jaleo on the DxDDP. I think it is two tapas, plus one plated dish and dessert or one tapa sharing plate, paella and dessert. It is two table credits like Boathouse.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the new restaurant? I was thinking of trying Narcoosees or Citricos. On Deluxe, so we want to do half signatures and half TS. Thought about ‘Ohanas for breakfast on the day we leave, if I can get it. Is the only TS at WL AP? Or is there another.

Yes, it opened a few weeks ago. I think WC cafe is TS. Have you tried Flying Fish? Or Sebastians Bistro seems to be getting great reviews. I think @Wahoohokie was there recently.

We LOVED Flying Fish! Want to try new places, though. Sebastian’s is TS? I just looked at WC, and it’s not for us, I think.

fun fun fun. sounds great no matter adrs. i do love flying fish. would like to try boathouse or jaleo as i have never done these and no lie,this trip may be my last for years. Raglan road i love

2 Likes

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/april-4-2019-open-thread/57699/212?u=welsh_dragon

@SirGreggLadyV

1 Like

Oh yeah, i would try Jaleo. Did not get a chance to add it to this trip, definitely the next

Yes, we went to Sebastian’s last Thursday. It is a beautiful restaurant and the food was probably the best or close to the best meal we had the entire time (interestingly enough, the other outstanding meal was at another Caribbean themed restaurant, Amatista Cookhouse at Sapphire Falls at Universal). I think it is just a one credit meal, though we didn’t have the dining plan so not exactly sure.

2 Likes

Awesome!! Congrats!!

1 Like

Sounds like fun.

1 Like

Well, I just set up my ADRs. I had made Artist Point, but didn’t want to risk it with our dietary restrictions.

Drive down 7/25 - eat at Raglan Road @ 7:15 pm
7/26 - Breakfast at Akershus (11:05 am)
Dinner at California Grill (6:55 pm)
7/27 - Lunch at Sanaa (12:50 pm)
Dinner at Jiko (6:30 pm)
7/28 - Brunch at Raglan Road (10:30 am)

I may change around the 27th. Those two meals are awfully close together. I don’t know. On the 26th, should I do CG or Narcoosees?

2 Likes

I’m so mad at you we are going for our 20th but a month before you. It would have been so nice if it was together. I know you will have fun we will be there 6-26 till 6-30. We are going to try out AP after we do a DVC tour of CC. We have: CM, AP day one, 1900, LTT, Skippers on day two, GG ppo, LC on day three, Scifi, 50 PT day four and CG brunch before we leave.

1 Like

Probably a typo, but just checking.

Oh! I love Raglan twice and the brunch is so good!

1 Like

That’s disappointing, but I typically can’t take time off at the end of our fiscal year. You have some great ADRs! I tried to get CG brunch, but there were no available ADRs, plus we planned on going back to DS to finish off our snack credits at Cookes of Dublin. Then I remembered Raglan Road had brunch!!

2 Likes

Yes, that was definitely a typo. I just fixed it. We’re hoping to be home by 10:30 pm!

1 Like