Jurassic World VelociCoaster Opening Summer 2021

What’s that now?

“Due to how the seats and restraints are designed some guests with larger proportions, such as a waist larger than 40 inches, might not be able to ride. A test seat is available outside the attraction.”

3 Likes

I think physics will keep you in most coasters, especially for loops and inversions. Lap and shoulder restraints are the second line of defense. The exception is when you take lateral motion that would slip you out to the side, like the curves on BTMRR where I am legitimately terrified one of my kids will fly out lol.

4 Likes

Are you fricken kidding me? That rules out 99% of Americans.

2 Likes

Yes just a lap bar. I can see how it could be scary for a large adult to ride with a small child! It’s a fairly tame ride but the child might as well not have a lap bar for all the good it’s doing!

2 Likes

It might not last, they had to put bigger seats on FJ. But if you want to ride it in Aug, better get your tape measure out.

2 Likes

I’m overweight, but I’ve never thought of myself as so-fat-I-can’t-ride-a-rollercoaster overweight. 40 inches seems a pretty low bar. That’s going to cut out a large (geddit?!) number of people.

I can ride every other ride at UOR and WDW. But I am significantly over 40 inches. I cannot believe that figure is right.

2 Likes

I’m going to have to get my tape measure out, I don’t even know how big that is.

[sneaks into closet and peaks at DH’s pant size…if he can wear his pants, we’re ok! :sweat_smile:]

3 Likes

Ok, DH wears 36in waist, I forgot that. I’m fine then.

2 Likes

Are UK pants sizes in inches?!?

1 Like

Trouser manufacturers lie. I wear 40-inch trousers but my tape measure gives a much larger figure.

5 Likes

Yes. We are a country of contradictory measurements.

4 Likes

He won’t be coming though, and I’m a lot slimmer than him.

3 Likes

Funnily enough, the ride I struggle with the most is 7DMT. It squeezes my special area.

2 Likes

Apparently it’s true:

However WDWNT says that this is a “relatively standard” measurement for UOR. And I have no problem on any of their other rides.

I suspect this is typical of the overhyping and overstating that goes on in theme park advisories.

4 Likes

I just had to order 42’s for mine. He’s officially out. Which is a shame as Hulk is one of his favorites, I thought he’d love this one.

Oh. Crap.

1 Like

Well, people can vary a LOT in how they carry their weight, so 40” may just be where certain body types start encountering difficulties?

2 Likes

And what about thighs/hips? Someone sit in the tester seat and let me know if it’s roomy, or if it’s a junk crusher. And I don’t mean the lockers.