Jurassic World VelociCoaster Opening Summer 2021

I’m really interested in this new roller coaster but the masking requirements they are currently testing seems to be a bit extreme.

Thank you to bireconstruct on Twitter for the pics.https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

6 Likes

:rofl:

I pulled the trigger and just in case double booked our last night. I’ve already rented points at Disney Vero beach for Jun 9-12 but worst case we get to keep the room till late afternnon/evening for post beach showers and then we can hop over to Royal Pacific on the evening of the 11th (I mean 2 hour drive = hop) and do EE for IOA on the 12th for one last shot at Velicoaster. We’ll have a rental car and our flight is currently at 512pm so that means we have till about 2pm to get through it and we’ll have EP if we beat that and have time for some other stuff. I’m hoping we get to ride on Jun 4th and then I can cancel RP by 6pm on the 6/6 and I should be okay. But I just can’t go all the way over there and be right there and not have the chance to ride. Since they don’t do park reservations I would think I can still purchase tickets on 6/4 if we don’t make it on Velocicoaster and with the hotel booked I get priority entrance into IOA so I’ll know we can get in the next weekend.

4 Likes

Thought I’d share some photos from:

5 Likes

How are they staying in with no shoulder restraints?!?

The lap bars are inescapable. Many inverted coasters no longer use over the shoulder restraints.

6 Likes

"on this coaster guests are held in with only a lapbar. This provides guests with a feeling of openness and removes the dreaded “headbanging” OSTRs cause.

Do not worry, these restraints are safe and are used on other inverting coaters like Flight of Fear at Kings Island, Tiaga at Linnanmäki, and Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point."

5 Likes

Same on Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket: the seats are bucket seats and the lap bars pin in at the waist and secure the upper thighs.

3 Likes

but this coaster never inverts you

2 Likes

The over 40 inches waist is important.

Just all the more reason to get the family into coaster shape before our trip.

Clearly, they can’t open it if they think there’s a problem. It’s bad for business to have guests falling out of coasters. Even then, I think I’m doing this solo. Just remind me to do it BEFORE the Butterbeers and Flaming Moe’s.

3 Likes

Indeed!

3 Likes

When DS was 7 he rode RRR with my brother (DH and I were riding together in front of them) and he started slipping out of the lap bar, my brother spent the rest of the ride reaching across his seat holding on to him. I have never been totally convinced that he was actually falling out but my brother insists he was. He was 2in over the height requirement but a skinny little thing.

3 Likes

:astonished:
That’s terrifying.

2 Likes

It was for my brother, Joe was fine. I don’t think he thought he was falling out which is why I wasn’t convinced either.

4 Likes

That’s my biggest fear on that ride during the vertical climb.

1 Like

I guess it must have been during that bit, I can’t remember.

2 Likes

Now there’s really no way my fat ass could fall out but it still freaks me out. But I still ride it.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Yikes. Yeah, I’m in the camp of more is better safety wise, but /shrug.

3 Likes

Is EE just a lap bar? I think that was the one when DD20 was 6, she rode with Random Stranger while I rode with then DS4. (DH was doing baby swap duty with the DS9m twins.)

Random Stranger was a really big guy and they couldn’t get the lap bar down very far. I don’t think poor Random Stranger enjoyed the ride at all, he was so concerned she was going to slip out, but he wasn’t sure if it was appropriate for him to grab on to her or not. He was super sweet about it, though.

5 Likes