Jungle Cruise Yay or Nay?

Did you know that Walt originally wanted this to have real animals?

But it was soon obvious that the issues surrounding it were somewhat insurmountable.

So although AK was a much later addition, it was still kinda Walt’s dream.

3 Likes

We are not fans of jungle cruise for this reason. After doing KS at AK, my kids were confused about why we would want to go on Jungle Cruise and not that much of a fan of the jokes.

It’s obviously something everyone needs to do, but your experience can vary just a wildly as the surrounding jungle, so how you approach the attraction can make a huge difference. For starters, if you (or folks in your group) don’t think they’re going to have a good time, then they won’t. If they’ve decided that the last Skipper wasn’t funny, so none of them will be funny, then those folks should stay at the dock (or ride Magic Carpets of Aladdin as punishment).

Time of day matters a lot. The attraction is quite a bit more mysterious at night, but is a lot of fun in the morning, too. I’d suggest, however, not riding in the middle of the afternoon, at least not in the middle of the summer. Guests usually wait in long lines in the hottest part of the day, which makes them not a very receptive audience, which makes the ride a lot less fun. A great Skipper and a great crew make for the best cruises. You can’t control whether or not you get a new Skipper who hasn’t found their voice and just isn’t very funny, but you do have a little control over the other guests on board with you. Generally, morning cruises feature guests in relatively good spirits and cruises later in the evening can be a little more boisterous. The middle of the day you boat may be full of guests who are tired, confused, and ready to nap. Also, whenever you go, don’t wait in the standby line for 45 minutes. Your group won’t be in the right frame of mind to ride.

Last thing is if you don’t like puns, then you’ll be less likely to be entertained. I don’t mean pretending to groan at clever plays on words, but if you’re really lacking a sense of humor that appreciates wordplay, then you may not like a lot of the jokes on this attraction. Work on fixing that before you ride!

4 Likes

My husband is the king of corny! There is no way we are missing this ride!

3 Likes

Sounds like you chose your husband wisely!

3 Likes

++ Avoid the mid afternoon

1 Like