Jungle Cruise Yay or Nay?

Putting on the last touches on the MK plan. We are going for two days with two small kids (5 and 2). Right now my optimized plan has me going there first thing. What’s the verdict? Do you all like it or shall I pass?

1 Like

Do it! The kids will like it, and you will groan and the cheesey puns and jokes.

2 Likes

Yes, and ride again after dark, if the kids are awake.

1 Like

Do it!

1 Like

Alright, then it’s clear, thanks, we’ll do it!

1 Like

Definitely Yay! We usually go more than once a trip. And it seems different at night as well.

2 Likes

Definite classic that needs to be done at least once per trip.

1 Like

I vote yes! JC is a ride we have to do every trip.

1 Like

Agree: It’s a must-do. Sit down. Watch the animatronic animals. Enjoy the cheesy narrations. Relaxing. Great with kids.

I agree that it is a must do…

That said, we always had our kids ride Small World for the first ride on their first visit. A low key ride w/ happy, singing children sets the stage for other rides to be fun and stress free.

Note that my older, thrill seeker loved Dumbo at 18mo but my younger one that can’t stand anything close to a thrill ride HATED Dumbo at 2yo…to the point that he was rigid and crying the entire ride. :frowning: (He was fine on it at 4.5yo though)

Our kids are now 16 and 12yo…and they still love and hate thrill rides respectively.

I would put Jungle Cruise one step behind Small World on the low key ride scale. Keep in mind that POTC is 95% low key…some kids don’t like the “dip!”

2 Likes

Yes, the ride is a classic and so are the jokes. Believe me, I have rode it many times since the 70s and a lot of the jokes have never changed.

I’m going to be awkward and say no! We’ve never liked it, kids, adults, teens, seniors, we all find it a waste of time. That said, my mum and dad hate to skip anything so they still do it despite not enjoying it!

Must do! How could you stand knowing you had the chance to see the backside of water and didn’t take it?!

3 Likes

Maybe the jokes don’t translate well to, erm, English Across the Pond? :wink:

4 Likes

On any given trip, we might do it, we might not. Really, it is just ho hum. If you haven’t done it, do it to say you have. If you have, then you already know whether you feel it is worth it or not. Us? We just don’t see why people like it so much.

1 Like

There’s definitely something in that. Those corny jokes just embarrass us. We have no interest in that kind of humour! Only speaking for my family obviously!

1 Like

I think my DS2 would like to see all of the animals regardless of the jokes or not! We love it, but def do it first thing or get a FP+ because for whatever reason the line gets long!

Jungle Cruise is on my definite must-do list. I love that sort of humor.

1 Like

It is a relatively slow loader so the lines build. Definitely a FP is wise if you want to ride early. Towards park close the lines get real short though and it’s a favorite of ours to hop on in the final hour and is often walk-on around then. In the dark the ride has a different feel as suddenly those obviously cheesy animatronics seem a whole lot more realistic…

1 Like

That was the very firsts ride we went on in November 2016. My girls were 6 and couldn’t believe how much they looked like real animals. That should give you some perspective, because I thought to myself, just wait for them to see the Safari in AK. That’ll make this look 100 years old.

That being said, we loved it. I will definitely be going back on that ride in 779 days. Come join us!

2 Likes