Jungle Cruise (the movie)

OTOH, I wonder if you’ve never been on the ride and see the movie, will you find the ride disappointing?

3 Likes

The first 10 minutes of the movie did a great job accurately capturing the jungle cruise aesthetic - anybody who rides the ride after seeing the movie should very much relate to those first 10 minutes. However, the rest of the movie was far more exciting, what I expect from a summer adventure flick, and something I’ll certainly watch again.

5 Likes

And those with severe arachnophobia. I’m the only one in my house who can watch this. I’ve only just gotten to where we meet Trader Sam. However, I am enjoying it immensely. The wit and the dry humor are exactly why I love the attraction so much!

1 Like

Just finished watching.

When they announced this movie I HATED the idea. I was so afraid they were going to ruin one of my favorite attractions by making a ridiculous movie. And, not being a fan of The Rock, I was disgusted at the idea of him starring in it.

And so as I said I just finished it.

And I LOVED it. It was wonderful!!! Funny, plenty of nods to the ride we all know and love, a great mystery with action and adventure and a bit of a love story too. Two thumbs up!

And can we talk about the use of Nothing Else Matters as the theme song?! Goosebumps!

6 Likes

I was watching it with the family at their grandpa’s house (he has one of those big theater rooms) - and within seconds of hearing it, I paused the movie and stated “does anyone else recognize the song?” Not a soul. But I did, and (yes I’m going to say this) nothing else matters.

2 Likes

Apparently I am in the minority here. It was not my favorite. It did feel very Pirates of the Caribbean. Very over the top in some scenes. Admittedly I was distracted by my children and not fully engaged in the movie the first time. Perhaps I should give it a rewatch….

1 Like

I just saw this today at the movie theater. I loved it but I wish I’d seen it IMAX or 3D! Some of the wide shots and things going on I’m sure look great in the other formats. But it was everything I hoped it wouuld be - a fun, old-fashioned summer popcorn movie. And I agree with the Indiana Jones vibe.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the first showing today that I was at was well attended.

4 Likes

Yep, I’m late to the party, but I had so much fun with this movie. Watched it for the first time last night. The puns, Emily Blunt, Dwayne Johnson, Jack Whitehall, Trader Sam, especially the backside of water quip, all got me. I’m ready to watch it again. I wish I’d seen it in theaters

2 Likes