June 2021? Any thoughts on what might be back?

Here we go again…wondering about June 2021. Thinking March 2021 was way too optimistic. Hoping both my daughter and I will be vaccinated before we leave. Plus for the first time in11 years I may have some time off the end of June. So here are my questions:
What do you think will be back?
DAH?
Cirque du Soleil?
Water Parks?
Fireworks?
We can wait until 2022 but If most of what we want to do is back I think we will go. My kid has put up with me working 50-70 hours a week to keep school open. We both could use some fun together.

ME!!

I’ll be back!!!

11 Likes

Ha!!! That’s awesome! I’ll take that as a sign I’m on the right track😀 thanks!!!

1 Like

I am hoping my trip towards the end of June will happen too. I think the first water park is schedule to open in March (?), I think there will be a night time show at EP too.

3 Likes

Thought I have lost a lot of weight, I still think of nothing but all the great places to eat in WDW. HDDR.

1 Like

Purely a guess on my part. I don’t think any of these will be back in June, but it will be close. I’m thinking August for the Water Parks and Fireworks, Fall for Cirque, and 2022 for DAH. That said, it is hard to predict because so much is dependent on viral spread and vaccine availability (both of which are challenging to project 6 months out).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/parks/

They are not saying which park, but one water park is tentatively scheduled to open on March 7.

Here’s hoping! Sounds like our work challenges have been similar…opening schools during a global pandemic is no joke! A water park and a night time show would be just the thing!

1 Like

I am so tired of my own cooking!!!usually we save money on food … this time we feast!

3 Likes

Thanks for those thoughts…I’ve never seen Cirque du Soleil so probably not a deal breaker. I just hope all of the performers are okay. What crazy times. My kid is a night owl; wondering how late the parks will be open by then.

1 Like

Cirque du Soleil was struggling before COVID hit. Hopefully, they’ll be able to weather it. We always go when the traveling show is in town. We’ve been to two of the Las Vegas shows and did the previous Orlando show twice.

1 Like

I think if they don’t open up a water park, they’ll get in trouble with guests since Universal is re-opening theirs in March. And Universal had it open in the summer/fall without a problem.

Just got a TP alert about new hours in late June. Specifically 6/29 - new hours for MK 8a-10p, new hours for EP 10a-9p, new hours for HS 9a-8p, and new hrs for AK 7a-7-p

Wondering if this is confirmed expanded hours or a glitch in the TP system?

2 Likes

I doubt Disney even knows their hours that far out. I bet it was the TP system making a guess based on recent changes to hours in January? I did see a report that Disney has started confirming hours into January.

2 Likes

Yeah they’ve been setting hours about 70 days out of late. Makes sense for preparing for ADRs.

1 Like

I too received the alerts this week. I actually realized I wasn’t tracking all days when I started getting the emails. I thought the emails came out when the TA calendar was initially published/not published (only KtP and a few others had it)?

1 Like
1 Like

Yay!!!

1 Like

Well it seems I was already wrong about that one. Maybe I am being too pessimistic on the other openings too.

I think we won’t really know until late spring. Do you?