Judge Me!

My mom and I are energizer bunnies and there’s not much that we won’t push through. Sometimes we forget that not everyone (meaning the rest of our group) has our stamina!

personal opinion here, but my 3 year old DS LOVED Disney Jr Live when we went in May. It’s one of the few things he still talks about almost every day. It’s very interactive and he had a blast (We went to the first show of the day and had a fast pass for it so we got up close).
But all kids are different. Watch the video on Youtube and see what you think.

I do think your timeline on that day from 11:50 CP to 4 p Mama’s is too tight/too much food close together. You could have a wait to get into CP and/or it could take longer than an hour for your meal and meeting all the characters. I’m not sure I would call Disney Jr a must do but my DD was 5 when we were there and she really enjoyed it. She still has some of the tissue paper “coins” that fell from the ceiling in her treasure box. She would be too old for it now at 7 so I’m glad we saw it then.

I think the hardest part is that I don’t know what we will like, so I’m trying to fit it all in!! Our next trip should be much easier to plan!!

Is it they type of thing where I could drop off my mom and the 2 older kids while we run to ToT and RnRC and she would be fine handling them?

This is literally our only chance of ever seeing it, they are cancelling it in early September.

Yes, absolutely, the only downside is if you’re in the main area, you’re sitting on the floor. If she can’t sit on the floor, they do have select benches in the back, but then they wouldn’t be right in the middle of the fun.
Also - they aren’t cancelling it altogether, they are just re-imagining the show with different characters.
Right now its Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, and Jake and the Neverland pirates. It’s going to shut down and be reimagined with Mikey’s roadster racers, the lion guard, vampirina and someone else.

I didn’t realize that! That second set of characters sounds better!!

No. General guests cannot pool hop at other resorts.

Bummer :frowning:

I found the advice that helps me when I get scheduling crunches is to pick my top 3 things for that park and make sure they are covered in my plan. Then if I need to drop something it’s not one of my most important things.

1 Like

If you’ve never been before how do you know your top 3?

You still have a lot of time to play with ADRs - I usually book trips about 70 days out or so and always manage to find times. Reservation finder is your friend too. Just don’t think you can’t change things because of ADRs. The only things that get set in stone are FOP fast passes.

Looking again at your plan - you might want to spend some time in Epcot before Akershus. You don’t have a lot of time there. Maybe meet Anna/Elsa that day. My kids also love those Phinneas and Ferb scavenger hunt.

Just based on the reading and rides watched on you tube. We enjoyed pretty much everything we did. Some things maybe a little less or more than expected but overall it was amazing. If we didn’t get to it we don’t know what we’re missing and it’s something to try in the future.

With it being such a long day at MK following Akershus I’m hesitant to get started much earlier. We could do maybe half an hour early for Anna and Elsa - would that be enough time?

I’m actively working on changing some ADRs, but there’s obviously no guarantee, and I don’t want to book FPs around ADR possibilities. Next time I know to plan my TPs before ADR day!!!

This is what I need to keep top of mind!!

Yes, there is no way to do it all. When people get tired unexpectedly or get interested in something not on the plan you may need to shuffle things or drop something. It will still be a great trip.

1 Like

Thank you for all the great advice!! Based on your thoughts I have done some tweaking and here is what I’ve come up with:

Some notes:

• This Epcot plan hinges on my ability to get us reservations for the Frozen Dessert Party. So far I have one for 4, but there are 8 of us.
  • Frozen (HS) is listed twice, we will do one or the other.
  • On Thursday lunch will happen at the same time as ToT and RnRC at Rosie’s/Catalina Eddy’s while will swap off the kids.
2 Likes

I think you’ll be much happier with this plan! You’ve got a lot more wiggle room and flexibility, plus less back and forth.

1 Like

In the spirit of this I have removed two things. ummm and added something LOL - but I didn’t add a desert party also - which I was thinking about- I do have a break planned every day, it is just me so I don’t have to wait for anyone, but I am going to go back over it again and and really see if I have enough time on here for a bit of ‘wandering’ and that I don’t miss any of my ‘must do’s’ for my 'nice to do’s"