Journey of water/moana

Any guesses on when journey of water might open in Epcot? Considering a thanksgiving trip, and one more new ride/experience might cement the decision.

2 Likes

I just read a date for opening recently but I can’t find it. I think it’s early 2024 maybe fall 2023… but I think 2024 because I remember feeling pretty disappointed at the date

google says

It was confirmed at the D23 Expo that Journey of Water: Inspired by Moana will open at EPCOT in late 2023. We are seeing regular updates online of the progress which is being made which is really positive to see.

so almost 2024

3 Likes

Hmmm seems Thanksgiving might be possible. Might go for it!

1 Like

So this is different for previews. I guess they aren’t expecting big crowds? :thinking:

4 Likes

The AP preview coincides with my trip to WDW so I’ll be able to check it out. Although we will have to leave my mom behind :woman_shrugging: She can see it when she goes again next March. (Did debate just having her upgrade to AP but the math doesn’t quite math since her ticket has Waterparks & Memory Maker)

1 Like

Just got an email from DVC

EXPLORE THE WONDERS OF WATER!

We are thrilled to offer a special sneak peek of Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana for eligible Disney Vacation Club ® Members before it opens at EPCOT ® in late 2023. The attraction will be a self-guided outdoor trail where you can play and engage with water as it travels from the sky to the oceans and back again. Just like Moana’s friend the ocean, water will have a personality of its own, helping guests learn how to protect the natural water cycle in a fun and engaging way. Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana will be the first Disney Parks experience evoking the hit Walt Disney Animation Studios film.

Disney Vacation Club Member Preview:
Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana

When: September 24 – 29 & October 1 – 4, 2023
Time: From park open through 5:00 p.m.
Where: Check-in will take place at the Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana entrance, across from the Coral Reef Restaurant in World Nature.
Who: Eligible Members with a valid EPCOT ® theme park reservation and valid admission to EPCOT ® on a preview event date

Advance preview registration is not available for this event. However, you and your guests must have valid admission and a theme park reservation to EPCOT ® on the day of the preview. If your theme park reservation is for a different theme park (and not for EPCOT ®) or if you enter EPCOT ® after 2:00 p.m. without a park reservation, you will not be eligible to participate in a preview that day. Admission to the preview event is subject to capacity limits.

3 Likes

Looks to be the same as AP.

4 Likes

Yes. And it’s nice to have info from an ‘official’ source and not a blogger. Although, bloggers can have good info.

ETA: I’ve already booked my APRs too. As many as my AP will allow.

4 Likes

Have people gotten AP invites? Ever since getting my AP I kind of feel like:

IMG_0346

8 Likes

I haven’t. But I’m cheating and DD is taking me to a CM one on the 19th :grin:

3 Likes

It’s on MDE in the Passholder Buzz section.

3 Likes

TBH - I show up on the 6th so it should be open by then, I can’t see a reason to extend the early previews. It looks like they want it fully open for the Holiday weekend.

Glad I haven’t been left off the AP email list!

Cool you get to go early! I am trying to remain spoiler free I think!

3 Likes

Aaaah, well I guess I should start checking that section out :joy:

2 Likes

Me too! Except that my DD heard a certain time of day was prettier so that’s the time she booked :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t see that as a spoiler :joy:

2 Likes

I didn’t get the AP or DVC email. I didn’t even get rocks!

4 Likes

It’s a water fountain.

Mystery solved.

5 Likes

But am interactive water fountain. Which takes me.back to the early days of the imagination pavilion!

2 Likes

For one, I don’t think it will be huge crowds since it’s not a ride.

But even if there were big crowds, since it’s a walk through and has a huge capacity, I can’t see the line getting that long. Maybe at worst, about the same as World of Disney during the pandemic. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(There is one part that I think will have a bottleneck – the waterfall that stops if you walk under it slowly. But even that you can bypass if you don’t want to wait.)

2 Likes