Journey of Water (inspired by Moana) CM previews/review

Nice try, but it was GOTG :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

FWIW: This attraction will close for inclement weather.

4 Likes

Oooh! I watched the video walkthrough and I LOVE it! I canā€™t wait to see it in person!

1 Like

Disney doesnā€™t want the real journey of water (or the journey of lightening) interfering with the attraction.

4 Likes

This makes sense because there isnā€™t anywhere for the CMā€™s to stand safely.

3 Likes

We did the AP preview yesterdayā€¦smartly waited for all the ā€œI want to be firstā€ people to do it as we had zero wait and walked right in. Itā€™s a nice little walk through.

5 Likes

BlogMickey is reporting there might be some reconstruction work to improve drainage by the waterfall curtain, and thereā€™s a need to address some effects that are only partially working.

4 Likes

This is so crazy to me. This project seems like it took forever. One would think all the testing would have been done before the preview.

1 Like

Itā€™s hard to test how things will work with a large influx of people without actually letting in a large influx of people :wink: This (and to train CMā€™s) is the real reason there are previews.

3 Likes

I donā€™t see how the large influx of people would be needed to see that certain features arenā€™t working properly. The drainage issue is also baffling. It seems like this should have been anticipated.
Not a huge deal I guess. But Iā€™m just surprised to see the previews extended to non-CMā€™s before addressing the effects that arenā€™t working. And putting a sign asking kids not to run is like giving away a prize to the kids who runs the fastest :joy:

1 Like

I definitely posted this somewhere, but it is now open for soft openings from now to official opening day.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/journey-of-water-inspired-by-moana/news/06oct2023-epcots-journey-of-water-inspired-by-moana-is-now-open-to-all-guests.htm

3 Likes

Iā€™m so not the ball today (granted itā€™s the last day of a 15 day trip) and forgot to join the queue when we entered the park :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: My mom will have to wait until March. (We went during AP preview last week)

1 Like

The virtual queue is still open.

Ya, did join. But got 91. We have to head to airport soon (flight at 4:15 pm)

Currently trapped on Test Track waiting to be evacuated :crazy_face: We will have to head out once we get off this ride. Hopefully thatā€™s not much longer.

1 Like

This WILL apparently be open tomorrow, 10/11, after all, but only noon to 5pm.

3 Likes

I went on Sunday and absolutely loved it. It was everything that captured my imagination about Epcot as a child but updated. Loved it.

There were long VQs all day, but around 7:30 or 7:45 I noticed it was open for stand by. There was no line at all, except occasionally waiting for an interactive station.

It was just perfect to me.

6 Likes