Jiko suggestions

Hi everyone,
As much as I wanted to dine at Sanaa everyday of our trip I switched one reservation to Jiko for my parents 49th anniversary❤️. All menu suggestions welcome!!!

2 Likes

Jiko is my favorite restaurant, anywhere! I am so jealous. My must dos include the wild boar appetizer and Malva pudding for dessert. Entrees change often but are all good.

3 Likes

Thanks! Good to know…I’m getting so excited!!! My Dad had a stroke just before our big family trip a few years back so this is a celebratory re-do while he is feeling well enough to travel. He loves good food and wine and it feels like the plan is really coming together!

3 Likes

I thought the food at Jiko was fantastic! One of my favorite meals. We were there with a party of 9 and everyone liked their order. I particularly liked the appetizer with the naan bread and dips. I had a delicious shrimp dish, but I just looked and it is no longer on the menu.

2 Likes

The menu will change often since it is dependent on seasonal items.

1 Like

I love those. They are a must have for me. I also add the Oak Fired Filet and another is the Wild Bison, which my wife has ordered.

It’s not on the menu as an option, but I recommend asking to substitute the mac and cheese as your side. I did this with the filet in January and it was very good. My group of 12 had just about everything on the menu and no one was unhappy with their meal!

4 Likes

That makes sense and it all sounds great!!! We have never done signature dining!

1 Like

Oh man…they put the wild boar appetizer back on the menu! They had taken it off so we didn’t get to enjoy that on our last trip.
I don’t recall what DH enjoyed but, I had the beef short rib and it was probably one of the best things I have ever eaten. And our server surprised us and brought us the mac-n-cheese…amazing!
I don’t think you can go wrong with anything at Jiko! Enjoy your special dinner :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Everything I have had at Jiko is amazing!!
My favorite meal would be the wild boar appetizer, the filet and the malva pudding.

3 Likes

The last time we were there (our honeymoon), we spoke with the manager and the reason the mac and cheese is not on the menu (you can request it and it will be a bit different from when it was on the menu) is because the chef that created that dish is no longer at Jiko and he is now at California Grill. That mac & cheese was the best I have had.

1 Like