Jersey Week 2020

Hi friends! Jersey Week looks to be the first week fo Nov. Why are crowds predicted to be so low that week? Any ideas?

Welcome! Ask Anything & as often as needed!

FYI – A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park during 11am – 5pm - the peak ride times.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

Be aware that these CLs are not definite until about 60 - 45 days out. (Really until about 45 - 30 days) Right now they are just using historical data for 2018 / 2019.

Basically, start making your plans and seeing what TP suggests is the best plan. However, know that you’ll “real” plan won’t be ready until after you get your FPP booked.

I love TP but any CL # that is more than 45 - 30 days out I no longer trust. Wait and see… it’ll fluctuate. TP only updates about 45 - 30 days in advance and copies & pastes the previous year’s historical info into the farther away future dates.

Each crowd calendar has their own way of getting their number. I like to look at multiples to get a better idea of when it is a “slower” time to go. CLs for a specific date aren’t reliable.

A good TP will put you ahead of 85%+ of the people wandering around asking, “Well… what do you want to do next?”