Jedi Training Signup Sprint from RD

One woman I spoke with told me that even if you hit RD early and you sprint to Indiana Jones Outpost, you can miss out on Jedi Training Academy because it fills up so quickly - and you can waste over an hour waiting to not get a spot. I will have my 6 and 8 year old daughters in a double stroller (or not, maybe we’ll just be running, depending on responses).

So, my question is twofold. Can someone either validate or correct the information I received about missing out on the Academy even if you run to the Outpost at RD? And, in your opinion, should I have the girls in the stroller or should we run on foot? My 6 year old is a little slow (not very, but a little) due to core strength issues.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

You could miss out, but I think it’s unlikely. Our experience wasn’t typical though, we missed RD by about 10 minutes on a CL9 day and there was no line at all. We were offered first show but took second show, and while we were waiting people were still signing up for morning shows. That was when there was only Vader too. Now twice the number of kids can participate.

If CMs see you run they will stop you - that was our experience anyway. If you’re concerned about being too slow, use the stroller.

If you arrive for RD 30 minutes early and walk with purpose to signups, I’d guess you’ll wait about 30 minutes, and have plenty of choice of shows.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome. Bear in mind that obviously if you’re visiting during Spring Break or Xmas week etc, all bets are off!

1 Like

We’re going Oct 15 - 22nd. Crowd level for that day at HS is 4 so I’m hoping it won’t be too difficult.

1 Like

You shouldn’t have any trouble. You’ll still need to be there pre RD and go straight there though.

1 Like

If in doubt, as the rope drops, point behind you, shout “LOOK! IT’S ANNA AND ELSA” and then bolt… :slight_smile:

10 Likes

My kids decided around 10:30am last year that they wanted to do it. The line was a half hour wait but we got in to a 3 pm show, but asked to do a later show due to a reservation.

Beginning last year, they now have two villains, so capacity has doubled for the show.

1 Like

We did JTA last July. My husband was able to move a little faster than me and the kids so he power walked and the kids and I did the best we could to keep up with him. He got there before we did and was waiting on us. However, the minute or two that the got there before us allowed him time to figure out where the line was and get oriented. The CMs allowed him to get in line when he explained I was right behind him. It worked out well.

1 Like

:laughing: :imp:
Hilarious!

Alrighty then - Eedjet in the house (I would be talking about me). I now realize that I should not DWP (drink while planning). I’m confusing Epcot with HS. You should always have a BAC of 0.02 when planning.

1 Like

Ha!! I was just typing a post about Garden Grill being at EP not HS. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My kids are Star Wars fans (new since last visit 2 years ago) and would love this. We are going first week of December - hoping for low crowds. That being said, this is a HIGH priority for us. Do you recommend heading to Jedi training at rope drop, say before going to Toy Story or Rockin Roller Coaster? Thanks!

I would suggest getting an 8 a.m. ADR for Hollywood and Vine (the only restaurant open for breakfast). Not easy to get since you’re less than 189 days out, but you can use the reservation finder and plug in the day(s) you will be at Hollywood Studios and you might be able to get a reservation from that.

I spoke with a Disney Planner who did suggest walking with purpose to the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost at rope drop to get Jedi Training before doing anything else.

2 Likes

Yes you should go straight there, as you never know what kind of demand there is on any given day. You may well be fine doing a couple of rides first, but if it’s a must do, you can’t take the chance.

1 Like

We were there last week at rope drop and signed up 2 kids without any problems. There were people walking right up and still getting open times that evening when we came back at 11:40 for our assigned time. I was surprised that there was still openings then.

4 Likes