Jedi Training Signup Question

My boys are excited to have a chance to fight Darth Vader (and, I too, might be a tad excited).

We plan to be there for RD and head straight to singups, but it is not clear to me exactly where to start and where to go. Most of the online info references sign up locations that don’t exist any longer or points that are not on a map.

So, my question… can anyone tell me where on this map the signup location is? http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/maps/gallery/26feb2014-2014-walt-disney-world-park-maps-with-fastpass/20426.htm

Should I stay on Hollywood Blvd with Echo Lake on the left and then bear left after “5” and go to “7a” for singup? Or should Echo Lake be on the right?

It’s amazing how after 7 months of planning the day hinges on which side of the Lake we go at RD, LOL :wink: Good times.

We leave tomorrow morning!!! Thanks for all the great tips Liners!

2 Likes

I feel the exact same way about my whole HS day hinging on the success or failure of this sign up lol! Good luck! Post any tips :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Last time I was there, sign ups were outside, at the old american idol building. Also, there were CMs on the street at the crossroads holding signs directing people where to go.

You could also confirm at the park when you get there, just to be sure.

1 Like

In October, we signed up inside the ABC Sound Studio, which is, I believe the same location we signed up at when we were there in 2012. If the crowd level is predicted to be high, I would get there WELL BEFORE RD to be in the front of the pack. Be on the left side of bag check and stay left through the tapstiles. Once through, head straight up Hollywood Blvd, staying left, then turn left in front of the building with Hollywood & Vine Restaurant, past the restaurant and curve around Echo Lake. The Sound Studio is just beyond Indiana Jones Outpost. Cast members will help direct you if you ask. We were there on a crowd level 7 day, arrived 15 minutes before RD, way back in the bag check line…arrived at the Sound Studio at 9:15 am, waited in a 90 minute line, and were in the last few available spots. Lots of kids got put on the waiting list or were turned away that day after a 90 minute wait. In 2012, we arrived at about the same time, walked right in with barely any wait, and got a spot in an early show without problems, but the crowd level was a 3 that day.

2 Likes

So looking at your link, your left turn should be at 10, then move towards 11 and around the lake toward 14. The further you go up Hollywood Blvd, the more congested it gets, IMO…everyone is drawn to the hat, so if you wait until 5 to turn left, you will have to contend with more people in your way.

Part of what takes a while at signup is that they talk to each kid for a few minutes, I think to make sure they are old enough and that they really want to do it. Good luck…it’s lots of fun!

2 Likes

@MindfulMouse and @awillard, please keep us posted on your Jedi training signup experience. I, too, am anxious about signing my 3 kids up when we go in January on a crowd level 4 day.

@catdrj, I’ve copy and pasted your wonderful walking directions into my TP notes section - thank you for such great details!

2 Likes

I agree - those directions are definitely getting saved! I am probably just going to cave and drive plus super early arrival … I am totally obsessing over this since it is a level 10 day!

1 Like

We did Jedi Training on Nov. 19th. The crowd level was a 3. We had an 8:05am ADR at Hollywood & Vine. My husband was supposed to be with us and we were going to send 1 adult with our 2 youngest for sign ups but he had to take a later flight so the pressure was on me. At 8:45am I realized that we needed to get the heck out of dodge so we quickly paid our check and headed out of the restaurant. We saw people running so we made a left out of the restaurant and ran around Echo Lake then up the short flight of stairs to the inside of the ABC Sound Studio. We ended up getting the 11:50am showtime because there was only one spot left in the 11am show (the show that I had wanted according to our touring plan). Oh well. It all worked out and was a blast.

Good luck! I hope that you are able to do it as it was a lot of fun for everyone. Even my 14 year old enjoyed watching.

2 Likes

@kellymouse5, do you think that the 8:05am ADR at H&V was worth it? Was your breakfast rushed? How long were you in the line for sign up?

We had no problems finishing our food within the time needed to leave. My kids are used to eating several smaller meals so they were able to eat without being rushed because they weren’t trying to eat a huge meal. We were able to do the dance party and get pictures and autographs with Sophia, Jake, and Handy Mandy but we missed Doc McStuffins. Fortunately my daughter was completely okay with missing any of the characters because she really wanted to do the Jedi Training. I had explained this to her beforehand so she knew what to expect.

Since we were towards the front of the line (we were inside the building in the queue) we were finished with sign ups by 9:10ish.

I think that if you are concerned about missing characters or want a leisurely paced breakfast then it might not be a good idea. I’m glad that we did it because we were able to get ahead of the majority of the crowd but it was not without periodically checking the clock. I tend to do that anyways so it wasn’t a deal breaker for me. :blush:

We did Jedi Training that day too!! I’m pretty sure ours was the only one they cancelled before they got to fight Darth Vader because it was sprinkling!

1 Like

We got the HS an hour before they opened and had no issues getting a spot in JT. Good luck!

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you for the step-by-step directions! We are on the bus heading over to Hollywood studios right now we should be there almost an hour before RD. I will keep you posted.

2 Likes

thx for the info @kellymouse5 . two more questions…how early were you there for the 8:05? Were there a lot of other people getting let in at that time too?

1 Like

we put ourselves in decent position. But I will not be one of those obnoxious parents that drags their child through Hollywood studios racing to get to sign up LOL

2 Likes

nevermind @kellymouse5, I found your trip report! awesome details! thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I hope that it helps. :blush:

1 Like

@mindfulmouse, let us know how it turns out for you!

@MindfulMouse, how did your Jedi training sign-up/experience go?

@vpillers it went great! was stressful but it went great. When i get back I plan to mark a map and post it here to illustrate the great directions provided by those on this thread by @catdrj and @kellymouse5. We could have had the 3rd show but opted for the 12:35 b/c we had other FP conflicts. Was well worth the wait and my son had fun. Will detail more later for sure! Thanks again to all for the help and moral support :smile:

4 Likes