January Wardrobe Questions - Mom and Teenage Daughter

I’ve had a pair of Ex Officio pants for over 20 years (they’re pleated- is that back in style yet? :rofl: ) and still take them almost everywhere. My problem is height, and Ex Officio doesn’t make talls anymore.

Once we were trying to take shelter in a downpour near the Lincoln Monument in DC and my daughter was complaining about wet feet, I told her it was her fault she had on canvas tennis shoes and she said “Well you’re not in style.” To which I replied “One advantage of being older is not giving a damn what people think.” The lady next to me burst out laughing and said “Damn straight, honey!”

IIRC, DD also got heat exhaustion on the White House lawn that trip because the layered look was in that year. We were waiting for the big Independence Day concert and she overheated.

You and I may be older, but we are definitely wiser! SHe’s great now, but she had to make her own sartorial mistakes*. :smile:

*that’s different from a wardrobe malfunction, BTW. Those, you definitely want to prevent at all costs!

2 Likes

We are in WDW now (arrived Jan 25.)
We have been wearing active pants, a t shirt and hoodie. We stay warm enough even during After Hours.
Also, used the pool today at WL and it was great. The pool is heated to 82. Was nice to finish off in the hot tub though.

2 Likes

I had a pair of Ex Officio pants as well. For years. I think I even wound up making them into capris at one point - bottom of pants got frayed maybe.

And give me pockets - the kind I can put my whole hand into. Cargo pockets. Gobs of pockets. Lumpy pockets aren’t going to make me look any worse! :rofl:

2 Likes

Packing has finally been completed. None of my advice was followed by daughter. “Sartorial mistakes” are a sure thing. I will let you know if she has a sudden “fit of sartorial thermal sensibility” at any point during our visit, @janamelia - I snuck some gloves and hats into the case and although we are only going for four days, I’m checking a lightly packed case in addition to our carryons. I suspect WDW will be glad when I end up purchasing additional attire. Thanks to you all for humoring me with this whole thing!

1 Like

Same, but I wear the more supportive athletic ones to theme parks because they’re comfy, you don’t have to worry about them getting stained or something because they generally don’t require delicate laundering, and they dry quickly. It’s even better if you have some with good pockets like the Mila leggings from Fabletics.

2 Likes

That’s a no joke. It seems we’re always adding to the wardrobe at WDW. I’m not crazy about their t-shirts anymore but that light jacket I bought back in 2013 or maybe 2015 sure has gotten the use. Roomy and cuts the wind nicely.

Looking forward to reports!

1 Like

Have you seen some athletic pants at Duluth Trading? Women’s NoGA

I get them in relaxed fit and they also come in regular and slim. 2 back pockets and one on the right leg that fits my phone. Hmm Duluth says 4 pockets. :thinking:

They’re a little warm for summer heat but great for chilly rainy weather. And ambitious air conditioning.

1 Like

If you’re from NY you should be ok most days with long pants, a t-shirt and a hoodie. We’re in Melbourne, FL this week and were in Orlando last week and we’re headed back on Friday. Some days you’ll want shorts and a hoodie others you’ll want long pants.

1 Like

That really is a thing in the South. However, at our altitude and latitude we don’t even have AC in our house & I’m not used to it. I always have my teeny little navy blue silk sweater with me. It sounds fancy, but it packs so small, doesn’t show dirt, I can wash it in the sink, and I can wear it for ADRs. Multifunctional is good.

2 Likes

I’m going to look into those leggings when I get home. They sound great. I’m generally a jeans type of gal - Denim shorts are my go to as well. I use the pockets. If they get stained I just ignore it LOL.

One of the reasons I hate Florida is the darn AC. Hot outside and freezing inside. Drives me bonkers when I visit my parents in Boynton Beach.

3 Likes

I love this post. I wear leggings at home for running errands and around the house but wasn’t planning to wear them at Disney. I guess I can!

2 Likes

We had a wonderful visit to WDW and were quite prepared for the weather thanks to all of your feedback. DD agreed to wear the rain jacket! Despite the precip, we were able to enjoy a rain soaked day at AK. EE is particularly fun in the rain LOL. Thanks again!

2 Likes