Jambo House DVC Savannah Studio Room Request

I am looking for some advice on room requests for staying at AKL in a savannah DVC studio room. I have looked through some photos on the room finder but wanted some more thoughts on a good room to request. I think I recall seeing some beautiful sunrise photos on someone’s trip report, maybe @DumboRunner? The trip will only be for my DH and I, so no kids to consider. Any advice is appreciated!

Jambo 5239!!!

1 Like

And to increase your chances, give some general requests on your room request, in case that room is already occupied. I always request close to lobby which gets you closer to Arusha savanna.

1 Like

I am starting to think about my room request for end of December and had a couple of questions (staying in Jambo DVC studio)

Generally my family wants to cut down on walking. Do the rooms near the lobby still have good views? Is Arusha your preferred savanna? I just looked at @DumboRunner pictures of 5239 and :heart_eyes:

From your two recs it seems I should request “near lobby” “overlooking the Arusha savanna” “such as room 5239” and that would be best of all worlds?

Thanks!

this will save the long walks to get food, but it’s also where all the animals go in/out of the area. Although, zookeepers place food through out the area to lure animals to rooms far far away from the lobby it isnt’ the same and you don’t get to see anything close up.

Sorry, does that mean you don’t get to see them up close near the lobby, or you don’t get to see them up close at the other locations? Thanks!

1 Like

The further away from the lobby you are the less animals you will see close up. We were at the X. And the animals were mainly on the line I drew

So helpful, thank you!

1 Like

That X is in Kidani, whilst I think @heathernoel is staying at Jambo.

We’re you staying in Kidani or Jambo?

1 Like

Nice catch! Yes, I am staying at Jambo.

Kadsni but it’s still helpful for selecting Jambo savanna rooms