I've rented an electric scooter due to nerve pain in my feet and would like to know which Disney transportaion accommodates scooters. Skyliner? monorail? buses? Lyft? Thank you! Which transportation accommodates electric scooters?

Hello! We are making our first trip to WDW on April 19-24, 2021 and are wondering what the traffic will be like when traveling via our car from a friend’s home in Winter Garden to WDW. We plan to leave by 6:00 AM Monday the 19th and need to be at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort by 7:30 AM to accept my rented scooter and drop our luggage at bell services. Will this allow us enough time?
Thank you!
Nesie5

1 Like

I used to drive from Winter Springs and Longwood to WDW and I4 can be a parking lot at times but that was several years ago. Sometimes the trip would take 30 min other times 90 min.

2 Likes

You can plug in a departure time to Google Maps and it will provide a range of times:

2 Likes

P.S. that is probably early enough to beat most traffic, but avoiding I-4 is probably wise because it is so volatile.

4 Likes

I-4 between Tampa and Orlando was named the deadliest corridor.

Having traveled and driven in many strange cities I would say Orlando area is average. Utah drivers are the WORST!!! What I see here in FL are a lot of too fast or too slow. Be a defensive, aware driver and you’ll be fine.

3 Likes

How is traffic now? I drive Boston traffic so Orlando never seems bad but we still have not reached pre-pandemic levels of traffic here.

2 Likes

I think Boston is easier than Orlando to drive.

1 Like

Did you edit the title to ask a different question? You can definitely take ECVs on buses and monorail. Not sure about Skyliner. Does your ECV fold up or come apart to fit in a car boot? If so you might be able to use Lyft but I wouldn’t swear to it.

1 Like

Skyliner can take an ECV. The seats fold up to make room if necessary.

2 Likes

Have to agree to disagree here. I have never understood what makes Orlando difficult to drive in. It’s all labeled, laned highways.

3 Likes

First question. Just about all Disney transportation accommodates scooters. Skyliner, monorail, buses, and the big ferry boats. Don’t know about Lyft.

Second question getting from Winter Garden to CBR in the morning. Leaving at 6 AM should give you more than enough time to get there by 7:30 AM. The trip should take at most 45 minutes. I would agree on skipping I-4, too much traffic.

Florida SR 429 is the way to go. It runs from Winter Garden down past the Western Side of WDW. It is a toll road but you will have to use the Florida Turnpike (toll road as well) to get to I-4.

Just get off at Western Way, take a left on Buena Vista Drive for the CBR.

1 Like

I remember people telling me about LA traffic. Then it was “oh, you drive 60 miles a day in Boston- never mind.”

4 Likes

I have had some horrendous traffic experiences in LA traffic, but my worst ever was in Boston.

I was on a tour bus as a teenager heading from the airport to our hotel. The driver told us the drive could be anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours depending on traffic.

I had to go to the bathroom when I was on the plane but since we were in a hurry I waited till we got on the bus, which had a stall. However, one other kid used it and accidentally locked the bathroom door shut from the outside. The only key was on the driver’s keyring in the ignition. :man_facepalming: I wanted to choke that kid.

The drive ended up being not 4 hours but at least 1 and I think it was actually like 1.5. We were inching along the freeway, sometimes stopped for long stretches. My bladder was probably dangerously close to bursting. I was considering all my options.

We finally arrived at the hotel and I ran out of the bus as soon as it stopped, not waiting for permission from the chaperones or anything. To this day, those few minutes are what I judge “relief” by.

6 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks so much! Excellent info!

Thanks so much! Excellent info!

LOL I flew from Newark to Nashville for school with a stop in Greensville. I figured I would go during my stop over in Greensville but the bathroom was being cleaned so I figured I go on the plane from Greenville to Nashville. No big deal what kind of plane doesn’t have a bathroom? Answer the kind that flies from Greenville to Nashville 2 hour flight. Once in Nashville I ran for the bathroom. The guy next to me was the guy across from me on the plane we were both like what kind of a plane does not have a bathroom.

5 Likes