I've never purchased tickets through a TouringPlans suggested third party. I assume it's "safe"?

I just used the ticket calculator, and it looks like I can get our tickets for about $75 cheaper than directly through Disney. Because TP is suggesting this ticket seller, I assume that I can trust that this are valid and legitimate tickets. Is that a safe assumption?

Thanks.

1 Like

All the ticket sellers TP recommends are officially approved resellers by Disney. Disney doesn’t approve shady fly by night companies. They’re safe to buy.

2 Likes

I’ll also add that I’ve personally used at least 2 of them myself in the past with no issues, those being Undercover Tourist and Boardwalk Tickets.

1 Like

I’ve used Undercover Tourists a few times. Smoothness transactions. No issues connecting tickets to app.

1 Like

I have bought park tickets before both from Undercover Tourist and ParkSavers. No problem linking them to MDE. However, I do have a question… I have never had to buy dated tickets in the past because we have been using AP’s since they started with that process. If you have to change your dates, is it relatively easy to do that with 3rd party tickets, or is it a hassle if you don’t buy direct from WDW? I need to buy tickets soon for upcoming May trip, but plans are uncertain because of Covid.

1 Like

I just changed my third party tickets from May 2020 (which had changed into the ones that expired in September 2021) to November/December 2021. They had to send me to a different department, but they easily were able to change it. You do have to pay any difference in the price between one date to another.

2 Likes

Thank you! Did you make the change through WDW or the 3rd party?

WDW. The seller I used does not do changes or refunds.

2 Likes

I also just did this shifting our Undercover Tourist bought WDW 3 day ticket to start 3/17 instead of 3/18. We had to pay $11 because starting it on the 17th was slightly more but once the tickets were already in MDE and linked to us and our plans I was able to just click on the ticket, select change and pick a new date in the calendar and then Disney used our CC on file to charge the difference. Did not have to contact Undercover Tourist at all.

2 Likes

I’ve had great experiences with UT, including getting a timely refund for DAH in March 2020 when things shut down. Just a reminder though, if you have a membership at a Sam’s, BJ’s, Costco, etc. or a Target Red Card, you can almost always get 4-5% off Disney Gift Cards, which usually is very close to the discount you’ll see at the 3rd party places, if having the most flexibility by going directly through Disney is a factor.

2 Likes

Or, convention tickets, which don’t officially require you to be attending the convention.
I find they are usually the best deal overall.

1 Like

Just bought Disney and Universal tickets on 2/26 from Undercover Tourist with great success.
Immediately sent me the confirmation numbers to put into MDE and then mailed (with signature required) the Disney cards. Mail was slow (10ish days) but our trip isn’t until late April so all good!

2 Likes

Another question about dated tickets purchased from a 3rd party vendor…
Is there a “final” expiration date beyond which you can no longer change your dates? For example, if I purchase dated theme park tickets for May 2021, and we change our minds about going this year, will I be able to change the dates to March 2022?