I've Got a Really Good Feeling About This! A Weekend Getaway Trip Report

Yay! I have only ever met one liner. That was @lolabear_la in July 2019. My friend was commenting on how cute her skirt was and I turned into Will Farrell in Elf when he sees Santa. “Hey I know her” and jumped off the horse drawn car ( not moving yet) to say hi. I got to meet her and her family super quick and then jumped back on the car.

7 Likes

Amazing trip report! Thanks

3 Likes

We were really lucky to have the low crowds we did on Thursday and Friday. You can see in this chart of average wait times by day, which covers the last month or so, that we had two “green” days before Saturday shot up (I blocked off our trip with a red bracket on the axis). I think there will be more green days ahead now that summer is over - at least weekdays.

7 Likes

Impressive spreadsheet! It looks like a really wonderful trip!

2 Likes

Just got busted here at work where I had printed off your spreadsheet images. I have a terrible habit of sending things to my printer and not retrieving them for … days sometimes … and my boss came in to meet with me about something. During our meeting there was a document she needed printed, so I sent it to my printer. She picks it up and says, “Hmmmm… Rise of the Resistance??”

Oops.

5 Likes

:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Nah it was funny more than anything.
My boss is super cool and we get along great.

3 Likes

So sad to have missed this live, but great report! DH and I have a couples trip to WDW coming up in December and you have inspired me. We are tempted to skip some of the “kiddie” rides without the kiddies but doing EVERY ride sounds cool too. But you guys got incredibly lucky with the waits!! I’m super jealous of those.

Mine too! Is Splash the same at DLR and WDW? That was probably what I missed most about DLP.

We love, love, LOVED this at DLP! Such a great addition and my kids shouted un poco loco! We did it twice! (The theme of our trip…) There is no Donald’s butt at the end though - a careless oversight on their part.

SO AMAZING! We have seen John Williams twice with the Boston Pops and I came within mere inches of him once when he arrived via limo as we were walking in. But this set list is blowing my mind. And obv the Hollywood Bowl! Sounds like an unforgettable night. So happy for you guys!!

Looking forward to your October trip!!

4 Likes

For my upcoming DLR trip, we are thinking of those kinds of rides as “depends on the crowd situation” rides. We are doing the same about rides that are exact replicas of the ones in WDW (Ariel/clamshell comes to mind).

For us, couples trips should include things that we can’t or don’t do when the kids are with us. Although now that they are older that list is getting a lot shorter! :smiley: :smiley:

5 Likes

This makes me happy and so sad! But whatever “advantage” I eke out of Rider Swap I look forward to never needing again someday.

“Can’t do” with my current hooligans is stop and smell the roses so I honestly think we might actually be even less focused on rides this trip. But ooooooh please have late night hours!

7 Likes

It is mostly the same. Although on my recent trip to DLR, I was disappointed by the number of animatronics that were out of service. I assume they won’t bother fixing them since the whole ride is going to be redone soon(ish).

1 Like

This is a good call. We did all the rides because there was time, but if we didn’t have time, we would have skipped most of the kid rides except one or two favorites + Snow White, which was recently refurbished with new show scenes.

2 Likes

At DL during the current projection/fireworks show, there is a Coco scene and the locals start singing along - I love it! Partly I think because the songs are so sing-able, but so many locals are of Hispanic heritage that I think Coco is a local fan favorite.

4 Likes

I remember this! I was SO happy you did jump off and say hi! And I can’t believe that was your first liner meet- we’ll most definitely need to up that count for you. Which of course means we’ll all need to go to DL more often to accomplish this. It will be a hard sacrifice, but I’m willing to go to those kinds of lengths for liner friends :wink:

4 Likes

What an amazing and fun trip report. You lucked out with crowds and weather for sure. And OHMYGOSH John Frickin Williams. I think that might’ve been my favorite part of the report. He is really the best. Thank you also for the amazingly detailed photos of GCH. I’ve never seen lots of those views of the interior hallways and such. One day we will decide to fork up the moolah for it.

And, I am swooning over the spreadsheets. I too do spreadsheets for my trips (not every single one, but I try to). I like to list out what the plan is and when I get home, compare what we planned to do against what we did get done side by side. It helps inform my future planning :nerd_face: But yours are even prettier and data focused. LOVE it!

3 Likes

Thanks for reading! Hopefully another trip is in your near future! Did you decide to get magic keys for your family?

There may an adventure in the works for next weekend. Tickets & park reservations are secured. We just need to book a place to sleep.
As for Magic Keys- that was the original plan. I had 5 Magic Keys in my cart ready to purchase as soon as we secured gift cards (for both sweet cashback on the CC and 4x fuel points at our local Kroger store), but we weren’t quick enough to get the gift card and buy them before Sat. the 18th wasn’t available for either park so we will go as regular ticket holders & upgrade on our way the door Sunday since apparently it really is a thing now that once you upgrade you lose all your reservations (which seems really unreasonable for at least the day of one bc you are already there as a reservation that day so what does it matter? But these are the rules now apparently).

3 Likes

I will be there Saturday and Sunday!

4 Likes

Okay, so to clarify for my upcoming trip since I can’t seem to be able to upgrade until after I’ve checked in to a park as I’ve tried. I wait until the last day of my 3 day ticket after I am in the park and then I can upgrade or like literally on my way out the door. I assumed once you were in the park in the morning you could upgrade as you’ve checked in to the park so they can’t kick you out? But if I left would they let me back in later that day?

At Disneyland, they recommend you don’t upgrade till you’ve entered the park for the last time that day. Your park reservation for day of will be wiped out so you might not be able to get back in. That was what they told @Julianne_fki at least.

1 Like