It's finally over!

I just turned in my capstone project for my Masters of Science program. No more school. I am not going to start a PhD program. Really. I swear.

Now I can start planning in earnest. After spending so much time here, I feel like I am in the minority…we couldn’t care less about parades or meeting characters and the only nighttime shows we care about at all are the big fireworks. We rarely make dining plans just so we’re not locked into being anywhere at a certain time. I’m even hesitant about making FP plans because then I might have to rush somewhere. Am I alone here?

6 Likes

Yes. :wink:

5 Likes

Most of us are on a planning site because we like to plan… Unplanned trips can be fun too though I’m sure. But we only get to go very rarely so we plan as much as possible to make sure we do everything we want. We don’t necessarily stick to the plans in the parks though.

We don’t care about parades either though, and don’t do many character meets.

4 Likes

Congrats to you!

and @brklinck, that is so funny.

1 Like

True. That’s how I initially ended up skulking around here a few years ago. After all of the amazing tips and tricks I learned, I was all plans, all the time. ADRs, room requests, and FastPasses, oh my! Then I had a chance to do a last minute trip with just my husband. No plans other than the Star Wars dessert party and a couples massage at the GF spa. I may never go back to scheduling everything. My kids will be lucky if they are ever invited again.

1 Like

What I like about planning is that I know what I can get done. But I definitely wouldn’t be a slave to the plan, doing exactly what it says with no deviations. If we feel like going back to the pool, or getting straight back in line, or see something fun going on, we’ll do it. If I went every year, or 2 years even, I’d definitely plan less.

1 Like

I would definitely have a more relaxed vibe if that’s what you prefer but taking advantage of FPs might still be a good idea!

1 Like

Good advice. I’ve made them for this trip, but I’m trying not to get caught up in whether or not we can get to them. That modify FP trick is a lifesaver. No way would I even attempt FOP without the one that we got from a mention of availability from someone on here.

1 Like

Not alone on this account. As dining is an important aspect of a WDW vacation for me (and I generally dislike QS), I always make ADRs. But many don’t. To me, not making FPPs is akin to shooting yourself in the foot. I “get” wanting to have the freedom of not having to be somewhere at a specific time (sometimes I long for the 70s and 80s, before there were ADRs and FPs), but in 2017 the trade-off is limited dining choices, fewer rides and more time standing around in line.

3 Likes

Valid points. The rolling FP is the best thing that I use in the parks. If I can get a FP while I’m walking to a ride, I’m all for it. Luckily, I can (and will) eat anything. 1900 Park Fare is our favorite because the step sisters are so fun to interact with. Other than that and my DH’s favorite breakfast lasagna at CP, I could eat popcorn and hot dogs as long as I’m in Disney. We’ve done BOG each trip because it’s worked out that way, but I’m not a huge fan of the food. The rest of the big hitters are one and done for us…CRT, CM, Akershaus( sp?), Le Cellier. DH swears that we’ll make it to Marrakesh this trip, but I’m not going to hold my breath. He’s not the most adventurous eater.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, this is one of the easiest TSs to be able to get “walk-up” sitting.

We don’t do parades or meet and greets and we’re home in the pool by the time the fireworks start. We try to do one ADR dinner, but if it doesn’t work out, that’s okay, too.

But I’m there at as soon as it’s possible to make my FPP selections. I’d rather have them and build a plan that had to change than wish I’d booked them. You don’t have to follow your plan religiously, but a good plan will help you see where you can change things or miss things or add in things. And really, 3 FPPs are 3 hours out of your day where you know you’ll be able to do a ride fairly quickly and starting somewhere within that hour. So, book the FPPs. You can always change or delete them later.

1 Like