It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

If all you put was the one room number, then the main issue is the room assigner had NO clue why you wanted that room.

In the future, I’d recommend putting the reasons you want that room or similar in the box.

For example, for my February trip, while I did “select” a specific room, I left the prepopulated text as it was but in the additional information box said something like:

“I would like to request…
1st Priority - Surf’s Up
2nd Priority - Third Floor
3rd Priority - Corner Room”

That way they had an idea of why I’d requested what I did. They were able to meet the first 2.

If they just have a room number and “Room 9562 please”, they don’t know why that room was requested - and since the resorts are not cruise ships where everyone is coming and going at the same time, the odds of that exact room being available - especially at a super busy time - are slim to none. The room assigner does not know WHY you requested that room and at that point when it was not available just assigned anything. Had there been a little more information as to why you were requesting that room, they MIGHT have been able to assign you something in that area beforehand. But odds are they just figured you just wanted THAT room and since it wasn’t available they put you in one that was.

1 Like

Oh my. Totally a wash out this time at AKL-Kidani. Had a Savannah View studio booked. Requested “near elevator” on online check in, my TP room request was for 7208, or any studios between the elevator and lobby, any floor, Sunset Savannah view. We got Pembe Savannah, room 7965, near the Pumbaa elevator.

The room view was great, we could see Expedition Everest (and hear the screams when the wind was right), the Tower of Terror, the construction at Coronado Springs, but it was such a LONG walk to our room at the end of the day when we were tired!

We had success! We got the exact room we wanted which is where we stayed last time. Of note though, the room view for AKL lists 3596 as standard but Disney classifies it as savanna.

1 Like

We’ll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in Oct. and I swear I read somewhere that Wilderness Lodge does not accept room requests via fax. Is this the experience of people here? Also, I’ve read firework views don’t really exist there anymore, but it seems like they might indeed? We’ll be staying in a standard view room. Thanks!

Success! We had a split stay between Poly DVC and Beach Club DVC.

At Poly, requested 1st floor Moorea, and got room 1031. Great room for watching fireworks and close to TTC transportation.

At Beach Club, we were assigned to my second choice room ( out of 8 choices provided). Unfortunately the room was not clean and we had to switch to a different room, which had a LOT of road noise. Obviously, this was not the fault of the FAX or TP.

So, I would rate our requests at 2/2.

Thanks @len and everyone else for the service!

1 Like

I think that’s bad infor @nessagr. I’ve sent room requests to WL this April and October. Standard room. Asked for upper floor and had fireworks views both times. We could also see Cinderella Castle, Contemporary, Monorail, Space Mt.

1 Like

Thank you for the update! From the pictures on the room finder, it looks like the new DVC construction perhaps opened up the tree line, thus making fireworks visible again. The info about fax requests was from here: All Ears.net.

All Ears is a great resource but like most sites it is not always right.

I just checked- they still say you can only add the dining plan with a magic your way package that includes tickets. This has not been true for years.

2 Likes

Hmm, I wonder if this is really old and it only says that for DVC rooms (counting WL as BRV)? I know that there had been talk in the past of DVC requests needing to go through member services. But we know that these faxes are pretty successful now!

Thank you so much @PrincipalTinker, @melcort10, and @JenniferB1975! This is great info to have. I’ll definitely plan to send my requests in!

No success with our Coronado Springs June 5th to the 9th, fax request. Requested 5303 in Casitas section. Due to allergies and reported issues with mold in the older/ non-refurbished rooms, our biggest priority (by far) was getting a refurbished room. More than 60% of the rooms are now refurbished at Coronado so we felt good about the odds prior to the trip. Per the helpful suggestions in this forum, I also listed our preferences in order of priority.

Here was the text listed in my fax:
Thank you for considering our room request. We have serious allergies and thus would greatly prefer ANY refurbished room that does not have carpeting.
Here are our priorities in order of importance:
1st - Refurbished Room
2nd - Casitas Building
3rd - Upper Floor
We are excited to stay at Coronado Springs and your efforts are very much appreciated!

We received a text assigning us to a room in the Ranchos section, building 7B, not refurbished. :frowning: BUT, the story has a happy ending. Prior to visiting the room I went to the front desk and very nicely told them about my allergies and asked if there was anything that could be done. The front desk person worked on the computer a bit, didn’t find anything, but then called the back room and got us moved to Ranchos 7A, ground floor, but refurbished! Hooray!! I was so relieved and grateful that I had tears in my eyes. Which I realize is a little ridiculous, but I recently had a particularly bad flare up of allergies/congestion and was concerned about not feeling well for the trip. I do think it was helpful that we went straight to the front desk to request the change, vs. going to the room first. (I already knew which rooms were refurbished.) They asked multiple times if we had been to the room - I am guessing because we hadn’t they could easily put it back in the assignment rotation for the day without having mousekeeping check it again.

TL:DR - Room request fax was a fail, but the front desk was accommodating. Had a good stay at Coronado Springs.

1 Like

Thanks for this. We got exactly the cabin we requested at Fort Wilderness, and couldn’t be happier.

5 Likes

Huge success at Pop. Requested a room in building 6. Don’t remember what number. But asked for close to bus as first priority, quiet and 2nd and first floor as 3rd. Was given room 6246 which is building 6, close to transport & quiet but 2nd floor. Very happy with the room!

8 Likes

Here’s our fax request that was sent yesterday. We’ll see how close we get.

Bldg 3 Casitas,Flr 4,NE-facing room.Exmple:34**, 34**, 34**, 33**, 33**, 33**, 33**, 33**

Requesting a Preferred Corner room on 4th or 3rd floor facing Lago Dorado.

Good luck!

1 Like

I love the Disney room request site. I got the exact room that I wanted at AKL value studio. The reason the Disney staff said that I didn’t get the Pop room request was that of large groups during my vacation. That was okay because I tried my first roll-in shower accessible room with queen bed and Murphy queen/table bed. I left a review for the room #0203. Is there a way to let you know about errors. This room shows king bed and connecting room, but neither is true. I know that there are a million rooms, but I was just curious if you needed any corrections.

3 Likes

Hey Ray, thanks for this. What kind of facilities did this room have? I can update this in a jiff. Thanks!

1 Like

Anyone have suggestions on what room to request for an AKL Jambo house savanna view room?

Boo, we are staying at the Dolphin, there is no room view finder :frowning:
Is that because its run by Sheraton? And I guess the fax thing doesn’t apply?

Does this allow us to just select a type of room (i.e., high floor, far from lobby?), but not a specific number?