It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

The bottom line is a request is just that. A request. There are times when it is not possible to fulfill it.

Yes it stinks, but you’re at Disney! :smiley:

2 Likes

True enough. We never let it bum us out. For the most part the room they assign us has been just fine and sometimes better than what we requested. After all, how much time do you actually send in the room anyway? Time to get up and get moving! Let the Magic begin! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

When talking to room assigners, here are the top reasons they give for not being able to fulfill a request:

1. Someone’s already in the room on your check-in date. Disney hotels are occupied ~85% of the time most of the year, and 100% frequently. Sometimes there’s just not a lot they can do.

2. The text in the request contradicts itself or is too specific. Room assigners have asked me what to do with “garden view room that can see the castle” requests. Others are so specific that there are fewer than 10 rooms in the entire hotel that meet all the criteria. (“Upper floor, near an elevator, away from hallway noise, short walk to the pool, Boardwalk view.”)

3. Asking only for room upgrades. Disney’s computer system restricts the assigners from doing this in all but a few situations.

5 Likes

Yet a lot of times when you find your room assignment isn’t even close you can talk to CS and get a better room. If you don’t say anything they may have the room you want saved for someone else. I have had this happen and complained and found they had reserved the room for someone else and decided they would now change their assignment and give you what you requested.

Just came back from WDW. I didn’t get the exact room I wanted at Pop Century but it was spiritualy close. I wanted a room in the 80s on the top floor, which I got. The view didn’t really matter because it was dark when I left in the morning and dark when I returned. I should have requested not being in the same building as a large group of 15 year old girls from Argentina.

2 Likes

I’ve talked to a number of room assigners, and that seems like that behavior would be the opposite of their personality. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, but it wouldn’t be the norm.

1 Like

Looking for some feedback on my fax request. We are staying at WL for 8 nights 9 days in August. First priority is a room with 1 Queen and 1 bunk bed. Second priority is an upper floor (5 or 6) with the possibility of fireworks view. Heres my request: ‘Main Bldg,Flr 5 or 6,NW-facing room. Example: 5004,5012,5020,5024,6012, 6016’. In the comment section I wrote 'We are requesting a room with 1 Queen bed + bunk beds. We would love to have a view over the trees with the possibility of seeing the Magic Kingdom in the distance. Close to boat launch would be great also. Thanks!'
Does this look right?

It looks pretty good.

The only change I might make is specifying the priority. For example, here is my comment section for my upcoming stay at Sports…

"I would love to have a room:
1st priority) in Building 6 or 1 (Surf’s Up)
2nd priority) a room on the top floor
3rd priority - but by no means a necessity) a room with a King bed BUT only if it has a tub as my apartment only has a shower so I love having a tub on vacation! :slight_smile: "

Two weeks and we’ll see what I get! :slight_smile:

Ok, thank you for the feedback. I am going to mention my priority list to make it extra clear and then cross my fingers!
We will be at Disney so if we end up with 2 queens and a 1st floor view of a dumpster, who cares?! We’ll just keep our curtains closed :wink:

1 Like

Exactly! Though if they put me in Touchdown I will probably ask if there is ANYTHING in Surfs Up! This girl does NOT like football. LOL.

2 Likes

For online check-in, is it better to leave the room location request blank, or fill it in with the same/similar information as the Fax?

As long as you don’t contradict anything there is no reason not to put them on there.

But make sure to NOT check the “early arrival is most important” box!! Unless that really is more important than any other request.

Staying at Sports.

Requested 6362 got 6364. I will take it!

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

I want a room at the Yacht Club with a daybed and upper floor. I have booked a lagoon/water view. What tis the best way to do this with the request feature. I really don’t care which room, but I am travelling with my husband, older daughter, and older son.

Have UG send a fax stating what your wishes are. Don’t just put one room number, but three or four choices and why you would like them if possible. Understand that this is only a request and not guaranteed.

With POP Century in the middle of refurbs, how accurate are the rooms? Specifically is that site updated with which rooms are the king rooms? I’ll be preferred pool view may 5th-11th

Thanks!

I think the location of the king rooms are going to stay the same - we’ve not seen other resorts change their layouts yet.

1 Like

We didn’t get our requested room/building. Requested POR building 16, but we ended up liking the location of building 35. We were booked in 3536 and were close to the west depot bus stop (first stop for pickups to parks). We would pick this building again, we were glad we didn’t get what I asked for. The bus stop for building 16 was always super packed and would require standing to the parks, plus be the last to get dropped off.

4 Likes

I like when you end up pleasantly surprised by not getting your request filled. It happened to us and we went from very disappointed to very thankful. Our “not what we wanted” room is now our favorite standard view location at AKL!

3 Likes

That’s awesome!!!

3 Likes