It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Can I use this for a second room reservation? We are traveling with my sister and would love to have our rooms on the same floor close to each other.

Yes, just put both reservation numbers in the one fax. Good luck!

Recently returned from a 10/21-10/25 trip to the Grand Floridian. Paid for theme park view. Used touring plan fax to request room 9445 in Big Pine Key, but added to notes that we would be happy with any room where the electric pageant was visible. Assigned to room 5145 in Sago Key with no visibility of the water pageant. I was little surprised since a good number of rooms in this category have a view of the water pageant. They assigned us to the opposite of our request. Still had a wonderful time, but probably will not stay at the Grand Floridian again.

Just returned from a split stay at AKL and Beach Club.

Had a DVC Savannah view studio at AKL. Requested room 5511 or similar, got room 5509, right next door!

We stayed in a garden view room at BC, requested 2567 or any other room along that corridor. Had no room assigned upon check in and no record of any requests being made :frowning:

No rooms were available on that corridor at all but the helpful receptionist made a few calls and room 1567 would be available in 2 days so we took room 2552 for 2 nights and switched to 1567.

1567 was incredible. 2552 view was very average. So pleased we were able to move :slight_smile:

So 1 for 2 in terms of the TP fax request.

why can’t i see views or select the villas at GF to start a room request?

Can you see the rooms from here? View of The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

YES! Thank you SO much!

1 Like

Here’s a nighttime photo from Wilderness Lodge room 6054 (standard view). I highly recommend that room (or one on that block) to anyone looking for a view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks. We watched them every night if we were back in time.

5 Likes

Used this to request Room 1658 at All-Star Music (Family Suite), and we got our exact room. Thanks for this service!

1 Like

Woo! Thanks for the update.

That’s fantastic! Standard view?!

Yes. Standard view. There’s a parking lot and a dumpster below the rooms on that side, so I can see why it might stay as Standard, but really, it’s a great bargain.

1 Like

Just returned from a Nov 5-11 trip. I requested room 7614 at AoA, and when I arrived the lady at the counter said they don’t honor room requests in Little Mermaid rooms and also that she didn’t even SEE ONE on file, but she’d try and get me into building 7. I ended up in room 7766, which was fine but right over the pool, so noisy in the evening. I was generally unhappy with AoA as a whole but that is a story for another time. The point is they didn’t acknowledge or honor a room request. FYI! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is disappointing. :frowning:

Has anyone tried using this service for a campsite at Fort Wilderness?

I’m not sure where to begin!

I’m a little late for this reply, but I have to report one more super successful room request at the Beach Club Resort. My stay was from Oct 14th to Oct 21st for which I had requested room 3681, a standard view room with an obstructed view of Stormalong Bay that I select using the room finder tool. When I got there for my check-in, I had been upgraded to Club Level to a Garden View type room, and the best part was that the room was facing towards the same direction I had requested, with the Stormalong Bay view I had chosen. I was in heaven! I can’t thank you enough guys! It was my third stay at the Beach Club Resort and in all the 3 stays I had the room I requested with your help! Congratulations @len and all the team for this amazing tool! :smiley: :trophy:

4 Likes

Yes, it works for Fort Wilderness. We have all of the campsites listed too. Good luck!

Back with a report! This was a triple split stay AKV/BRV/OKW (whew!). Did not make any requests for the room we had at Jambo House (that was one night only, didn’t matter). Got a nice room (5472), and the room ready text before we even got on the plane! Did not get a text for either of the other two rooms, I don’t know if that was because we had requests put in for them or not. I had to check at the desk both times. At Boulder Ridge (Wilderness), requested Room 5537, got 3557. Both rooms are lake views, so that was just fine. Very nice room. At OKW, requested 1323, got 1322. Definite win both times!

3 Likes

I actually used this service for FW the last time we were they and got the loop we request but not the exact spot.

1 Like

Does checking in via the app early affect the likely hood of getting what we request are doing with the fax? I’d like to do the electronic check in but only if it doesn’t affect my room preferences

1 Like