It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

This is great to hear! We are also traveling with 2 other groups. I was debating about how to handle the room request. Our number one priority is keeping DMIL as close to one of the other two rooms as possible but I’d still like to try to request a specific area of the resort. Glad it worked out for you!!

1 Like

I have a club level savannah view room reserved. I understand that those close to the lobby have a view of the rocks, and to request far down the hall, either side, for a better chance to see animals.

What is the best way to say this. Would this work? “We would like a room away from the lobby on either the Zebra or Kudu trails, e.g. Rooms 4501 to 4521 or 4301-4321. We are hoping for a clear view of the Arusha Savannah, if possible.”

That text sounds good. Let us know how it works, please!

Thanks!

What number did you call?

I am traveling with my family in one room and my daughters boyfriend in a separate room with that reservation in his name. I called and had us link as “Traveling with”. On my request I added the following note:

My traveling party has 2 reservations. Our traveling with number is (Traveling with number given to me by CM)
My reservation is: (Reservation number) (my name)
My traveling companion’s reservation is: (Reservation number) (His name)
We need the rooms to be next door to each other but they do not have to connect.
We would like to be in one of the newly refurbished rooms if possible. If that is not possible our 2nd choice would be a room facing the lake in 1960’s section building 4 on the 4th floor.
Thank you so much for considering my room request.

Do you think that is ok?

Looks good to me.

Let me know how this turns out, please. It seems like a straightforward request. My only concern is that the new rooms might be booked up.

The number listed for Pop Century on the reservation.

Apparently the fax machine is not functioning at Caribbean Beach Resort. Is there an email address that can be used instead?

I don’t know of one for CBR. We’re calling CBR every day to see if they can fix the fax. (The calls now got to a central office, who say the fax is working fine.)

You can try the fax number yourself at (407) 934-2736. Or you can try to ask the resort front desk (which is really the central office) at (407) 934-3400.

The email for guest services is Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com, but I don’t know if that’d be worth your time.

We’ll keep trying on the faxes. Let us know if you hear anything, please.

Caribbean Beach update: We finally got to speak to someone at the CBR front desk. They changed their fax number and told us what it was. We should resume faxing in the morning.

Also I sent a gift basket. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Avic77, did your fax request work?

Does this fax request system work well at SSR?

Another couple of questions…

On MDE I have a confirmation number, which is 8 numbers long. I have used this as my reference on the fax. Is that correct or should I use the 12 digit number that is in the end of the link when you click on the accomodation in MDE?

And…my room request is for a set of rooms on a high floor in one of two blocks in the paddock area. Do you think it will be ok if I also do online check in and select “near paddock” and “high floor” as my requests? I don’t think these conflict with my.fax request and want it to act as a backup in case my fax doesn’t work for whatever reason.

Hope this makes sense.

I’ve got my exact room at SSR before. I’m pretty sure it works.

Either confirmation number can be used in the fax. And in this case, I think it’s okay to make the online request too.

Let us know how this goes, please. Good luck!

Yeah but you’re Len Testa. :wink::wink:

2 Likes

Ha! Laurel’s the one with the DVC points, and the reservations are in her name.

Also, “Len Testa” means absolutely nothing to WDW. Which is how I like it.

3 Likes

Well that explains even more. @LaurelStewart’s got it goin on and WDW knows it :wink:

1 Like

So, just looking at TP checklist, I am to online check in 60 days in advance… I already did a fax for room request months ago… but when does it go out? does my check in at 60 days without a fax kid in fact, the fax goes out later), help or hinder the process?

I just want to be sure I didn’t miss a step or misunderstand something.

thx!

The fax is sent 5 days before your trip. You can do online check in anytime from 60 days onwards but you should make sure that any room request made there doesn’t contradict the fax (most people recommend not making any room request during online check in at all). Other than the room request section, online check in has no bearing on your fax request.

1 Like