It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

Nevermind…it sent this morning!

@len I’ve had a super busy weekend (high school teacher of seniors, graduation, awards for kids, soccer, soccer team party, etc.). I sat down yesterday to configure my fax knowing that the fax would be sent today (5 days ahead of our Friday check-in). Well, I accidentally deleted it and was called away to tend to the kids and forgot to come back and redo it. I configured it this morning. Will it still be sent? If it won’t, I’ll be sure to call the resort to add my requests myself.

Thank you for your time!
Megan

Third fax (second for AS Music) and still not the room requested. Each room we received was great, though. This last request was for Broadway 7538, and we got Rock Inn 3633. Quiet was the numero uno for me. This room was definitely quiet. The only issue we had (and nothing to do with Touring plans) was failure on the resort end to notify us when our room was ready. They notified me in the morning that it was not ready, but we waited and waited to hear back. At 5PM, having been up since 3 AM, temps in the lower 90’s, and in no mood to wait any longer, we decided to go sit in the lobby of the hotel until a room was ready. On reaching the online check-in desk, the CS person said that it had been ready for hours!. Unfortunately for us, with no afternoon break, we were too wiped out to return to the parks in the evening which is the main reason we locals choose to stay on property a few times a year.

Webmaster is telling me I must take the last night of trip for a split stay in order to use the room request feature. I didn’t have to do this last year. I have 2 trips in TP.

I’m too freaked to take off last night of 1st hotel. I’m afraid they’ll not request my room view for the last night of my 1st hotel trip.

I’m checking out of BRV on a Sun & checking into Poly later that day. Room view request is in the system for BRV. I can’t get a room view request for the Poly.

Help!

Have you set up your Poly stay as a separate resort stay on your dashboard even if it is only one day? Each stay should begin on check in day so that there are not any overlaps?

I’m pretty sure that the trip dates can overlap and we can still send out two faxes. @DVC_Mary - is your question now answered about the faxes? If not, email me please: len@touringplans.com.

Not sure if this has been answered prior, but I am hitting WDW tomorrow and I only just booked my reservation at Boardwalk Inn. Given that it is less than 5 days until I arrive…will the system still send the fax? I added the booking to my itinerary and selected a room etc. But this is the first time I have done this without it being weeks in advance and then watching the clock go down to 5 days out (when the system then sends the email). Will the system simply send the fax soon as it is within 5 days of the reservation and no prior faxes have sent??

I thought I’d give a quick update on our fax room request experience. We were at AKL May 6-13 and had booked a room with a savanna view and 2 queen beds or 1 King/1 daybed. I requested room 3427 and asked for 3rd floor, view of the Arusha savanna, 2 Queen beds, and close to the lobby. We were assigned room 3417 which was 3rd floor, view of the Arusha savanna, 2 Queen beds, and about 30 seconds from the lobby. So it was a total win for us! Thanks for providing this service!

5 Likes

Update on our fax service room request. We had a value studio at AKL - Jambo House. Staying 5/21-5/23. Requested one of the value Savanna views and listed the numbers. In the notes, I did add that we would like any of the savanna views for the value studio. Well, to our surprise, we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom partial savanna view. I think part of it was luck, but I also think part of it was because of this service. Thanks TouringPlans!

5 Likes

Hi Len!

No, when I try to request the room it only gives me the choice of the 1st part of the stay. When I go to the Mom’s Solo Trips Poly portion there is no buble box to “Configure a Fax.”

Sorry I didn’t get back to this. Busy end to the school year as a teacher & very little time to get online.

If anyone at Touring Plans can simply add the request for me. Please email me for reservation number, if it’s not already in there. I’m looking for “Bldg Moorea,Flr 2,N-facing room.Exmple:2027,2026,2028,2025,2029,2024,2030,2023”

Thanks!

I wanted to give an update on my result using the automatic fax for room requests. We checked into CSR for a 2 night stay prior to our DVC stay in the Treehouses. I reserved a standard view room with 2 queen beds. I requested Ranchos 7A over the phone and sent in the fax for a room on the 1st floor in Ranchos 7A. Despite doing online check-in, I still had to go to the desk because we never received a text with our room information. It never showed up in the app either. We were placed in Casitas 3 in room 3164. I understand we received an upgrade by being placed in a preferred room. However, we would have really liked to have been placed in Ranchos. The CM at the front desk couldn’t get us moved either. As she looked at our reservation, she noted that a strange request came through with the fax. She said that the fax identified that we wanted to be placed near another family and that’s why we were placed in Casitas 3. The even more interesting part of this is that the family that she said the fax requested us to be next to wasn’t even staying at CSR…they were at AKL. This was the first time I used this service. I have made a request on my reservation for every single trip we have taken. My requests have been met every single time. This is the first time this has happened to us.

I would say it definitely did not work for us.

I’m sorry to hear that, Megan. I’ve asked one of our developers to verify the content of the fax we sent. That’s not something we’ve ever heard of happening before.

We used the faxed request and when we arrived on June 5th neither of the requested rooms were available. They were however happy to give us any available room at that moment since we arrived from LAX at 11am. We chose not to since a cast member went to the back office and pulled me out of line to tell me that she was sorry but they could not grant us our request. She went on to say that she knew which room we were assigned but for security purposes could not tell us. We were happy to finally get our txt message that afternoon telling us our room was ready. We asked for a specific room on floor 3 of bldg 85 at POR. And we got bldg 85, 3rd floor, but on the opposite side. Definitely worth it to us. Room was perfect and quiet the entire stay.

3 Likes

Just back from our stay at POR. We requested 1640 to be close to transportation and maybe a little closer to Ol’ Man Island and the food court. We got room 3417, which is pretty far away from Ol’ Man Island and the food court, but was one of the closest rooms to the West Depot bus station. So I’d call that a half win. Room was a corner room and quiet, which was good for those mid-afternoon naps. :wink: Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures. :cry: Thanks for the service.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m new to Touring Plans, and so far, I’m loving it! I already set up my August Trip and also selected a room request for my stay at the Pop Century. The thing about over the phone room request concerned me, mainly because I called Disney 3 times over the last two weeks to make changes to my party’s magical express reservations. Each and every time I asked the CM if they could see my room request and the answer was “no, there is nothing in here” I had requested 90’s building each and every time.
My question is, my online check-in (60 day mark) is in 3 days. Should I request the same thing I did in here? How does it work when I do both?
Thank you so much!

Hi lillyfs,

We’ll send your request to Disney 5 days before your check-in, which is when the hotels’ room assigners actually do the room assignment.

We generally tell people not to do requests using online check-in AND our fax. The reason is that online check-in doesn’t allow the same level of specificity as the fax, so it confuses the room assigners when they see two different requests from the same person for the same room.

If you’re not comfortable waiting until 5 days out for us ot send your request, use Disney’s online check-in service instead. It’s better than being stressed for the next two months, even it it’s not as specific.

Thanks for using the site!

1 Like

Used the fax service for our stay at Pop Century. Requested building 9 since I knew it had completed renovations. In the notes section, noted we wanted any of the renovated rooms. Received our text with room reservation and was assigned in Building 10. We were still on the road so I immediately called and said I had a fax request for one of the renovated rooms in either building 8 or 9. Rep said there was no record of a fax, but they would have a renovated room available by 3:00pm (it was 1:30pm). We weren’t getting there until 4, so this was no problem. In the end, the fax service did not work for us, but calling did.

3 Likes

My fax was sent this morning, but I noticed the reservation number is different from the one I sent in. Apparently, I sent the confirmation number from my Disney-made package (as it appears in MDE). The resort reservation number is longer. Should I re-submit a request with the resort number, or will they be able to identify my reservation using the Disney package confirmation number?

1 Like

@Lentesta - had our first problem with the faxes. when we checked in at the poly (dvc), we asked if they’d been able to meet our requests. they mentioned we were in a first floor room - and that they could see we’d requested a higher floor, but had also requested a specific room number that conflicted with that. we had requested 3038 and left the auto generated text alone, and then added a letter to the fax mentioning a 2nd or 3rd floor room. they said they’d call & see if we could be moved, but weren’t able to. we soldiered on and managed to have a fabulous stay despite that. :wink:

my guess is that it was typed in incorrectly (at the resort) - but figured it was worth mentioning.

our POR request got us a 2nd floor corner room in the building we wanted, so i’m calling that one a success!

2 Likes

Requested 4133 for our Port Orleans French Quarter… left the other text prefilled. Since we had friends (under different reservation numbers) also traveling with us, I added a note with their numbers asking to keep us together.

We got rooms 4135, 4136 and 4137. Worked out great. Great view, convenient. and a slightly better view than 4133.

I would call it a success.

3 Likes