It's alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests

I’d just describe the room. Let us know how it goes!

I sent the request but it never said that Touring Plans received it. How do I know you received it. It never said sent

We’ve got the request. Your check-in date is March 15, so we’ll send the request to your resort on March 11.

Wait, do we actually have to send it to you, or just configure it on our dashboards?

Just configure it.

2 Likes

I have seen another thread where a person with dust mite allergies had contacted Disney and was told to request VIP cleaning of the room 10 days before check in. How would this play into the faxed room request? Is there a way to accomplish getting the extra cleaning and having a room choice honored?

There’s not a way to do that, sorry. I suggest contacting the resort directly. Let me know how that goes, please.

Unfortunately didn’t get near our room request at the Grand Floridian. In deluxe garden view, so in the tower rooms, and asked for top floor of Conch Key and got 4th floor Big Pine. But at least we’re still high up to see over the pool buildings and our room is beautiful. We spoke to reception and they said that they were very busy and would look at moving us to the one we requested later in our holiday, but we’re settled in and enjoying ourselves so it really doesn’t matter. It’s nice if you get what you request and I’d certainly advise people to use this service in an effort to get the room they want.

2 Likes

For our stay at CBR last week I requested 4536. I wanted Jamaica because it’s the first bus stop and near to the bridge. In the end we got 4321. At least a number I could remember.

Hi. We’re not scheduled to arrive until December 9. When should we configure/ fax our request via Touring Plans? First time user:) Thank you!

Any time between now and December 4 would be good. We send them out 5 days in advance, which is when your reservation gets sent from Disney’s central computers over to the resort itself.

1 Like

Oh, how was CBR? What’d they offer you for construction compensation? And was it annoying?

We didn’t see any construction going on and no compensation was offered.

Hey guys, this may have been asked before so if it has my apologies. We are using the fax request service for a stay in April at the Boardwalk villas. Specifically we have a 2 bedroom lock-off garden or pool view. Looking through the TP website it shows some Boardwalk-view 2 bedroom lock-offs as well. These Boardwalk-view variants cost the same amount of points as garden or pool view lock-offs. So my question is if I request a Boardwalk-view villa is that considered an upgrade request or are they treated the same?

Thanks for the help

Keith

I think it’s an upgrade because the two views cost different numbers of points.

We’ve been told that upgrade requests are available to the room assigners only if the room category you’ve already booked is sold out. Disney’s computer system doesn’t even let them do the upgrade if there are rooms available in your category.

What I’d do is this: pick your favorite room in the category you booked. Mention that first. And then say “if all of the garden/pool views are unavailable, we’d be thrilled with any boardwalk view. It’s our anniversary/birthday/bat mitzvah/whatever you’re celebrating.”

Let me know how this goes, please. Good luck!

Thanks Len, I appreciate the quick response. I must be misreading the dvc point site b/c I swore I saw the points were the same. Logically, it would make sense that the boardwalk view is considered an upgrade. Will do what you advise. Thanks again for all you guys do!

they points are the same, but they are different booking categories. boardwalk view tends to fill up faster than pool / garden. so while it’s not technically an upgrade, they will be unlikely to move you across categories.

we love BWV - enjoy your stay!

Man, I could have sworn I read different points. I need more coffee. :slight_smile:

you’d think it was! i’d pay more pts for the boardwalk view than the scary clown pool any day.

1 Like

“Scary Clown Pool” is exactly how Laurel refers to it, too. I’m totally referencing this somehow.

1 Like